Did you mean: 

Original topic:

s21 ultra 512g uk ( over heating )

(Topic created on: 31-01-2021 03:48 AM)
Terry19691969
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
S21 ultra running  very hot  i mean very hot I got phone few days ago reset and loaded apps one by one and still getting  hot , anyone else have this problem  ??
28 REPLIES 28
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

hello @Terry19691969 

according to Samsung,

Is there something wrong with my Samsung mobile device if it often gets hot?

No, the generation of heat from your Samsung phone or tablet does not suggest it is faulty.
 Samsung's devices can get hot to the touch after running for a long time and/or when running more power-intensive applications. This is normal and should not affect your device's lifespan or performance. The device may also get hot when charging, and if the battery gets hotter than usual the charger may stop automatically.

It is recommended you update the software on your device regularly as such updates can enhance your device's performance and help reduce its operating temperature. This can be done through the Settings menu on most phones and tablets.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/is-there-something-wrong-with-my-samsung-mobile-de...

When you use features or apps that require more power or use them for extended periods, your device may temporarily Heat up due to increased battery consumption. Close any running apps and do not use the device for a while.

Normally, phones do heat up too when when setting up at first.

thanks😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Terry19691969
Voyager
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
I understand that but all I'm doing is on Google search.. few minutes it's very hot ....my s10 5g never ever got hot what ever I done on it
0 Likes
Shakeil
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
No got my S21 5G Ultra yesterday and everything seems fine
0 Likes
strawberry cake
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

@Terry19691969 

hello

According to Samsung websites,

Is there something wrong with my Samsung mobile device if it often gets hot?

No, the generation of heat from your Samsung phone or tablet does not suggest it is faulty.

Samsung's devices can get hot to the touch after running for a long time and/or when running more power-intensive applications. This is normal and should not affect your device's lifespan or performance. The device may also get hot when charging, and if the battery gets hotter than usual the charger may stop automatically.

It is recommended you update the software on your device regularly as such updates can enhance your device's performance and help reduce its operating temperature. This can be done through the Settings menu on most phones and tablets.

This phenomenon is normal and is simply due to the device's CPU activity. When running multiple apps, the CPU processes more tasks and as a result, additional heat is given off. This happens on most electronic devices (even computers/laptops), including the devices of other manufacturers.

When you use features or apps that require more power or use them for extended periods, your device may temporarily Heat up due to increased battery consumption. Close any running apps and do not use the device for a while.

The device heats up too when setting up at first due to extensive memory and battery consumption.

thanks😉🆗

(\_/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") strawberry cake so delicious

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Helping Hand
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Hi all the only time my S21 ultra got a little warm not hot, was when I first updated all the Google & Samsung app whilst setting up the device, other than that it's working how it should.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Superuser II
Superuser II
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

@Terry19691969 

Please give your phone a day or two to Optomise and settle down.

If you feel that's not helping then return the phone to who supplied it and ask for a replacement.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Current Phone > Samsung Z Fold³ 5G.

0 Likes
KitKatKhas
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
mine got hot a bit but that's when I was setting up and downloading a lot, I haven't had that issue since.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Hotshot
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Sounds like you have an app installed which is causing your phone to power up constantly. Also what brightness level do you tend to keep your phone at? Had mine for a couple days now and the times it's gotten slightly warm was when battery gets low (below 30%) while gaming and browsing or transferring files or installing many apps and updates. None of this I'd consider overheating though as I've yet to notice any major dips in performance with the ui or gaming.
0 Likes
HaydnR
Explorer
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Mine was hot, very hot before I upgraded the software through the usual Settings and Software Update but I put that down to transferring everything over from my old phone and updating apps. After the software update I've had no issues at all.
0 Likes