Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ULTRA 4G DROPS

(Topic created on: 02-02-2021 08:58 PM)
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I've noticed while traveling different places the 4g drops to 3g in places my old P30 PRO wouldn't. Is this a Samsung issue that could be improved with software or are Samsung generally not a good at receiving signal??

Any help and feedback appreciated. 
15 REPLIES 15
baldrick1975
First Poster
Options
that is normal function for it to switch between 3 and 4g depending on the transmitter were you are..until all are 4g or 5g it will change over the years
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
but my old phone would keep 4g in all the places my s21 seems to loose it.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unless you know the status of the transmitters at the time ie were they working properly, you can't make a valid assessment.
V11NSJ
Student
Options
having the same issue here too, comparing it to my S10+ it doesn't hold signal and switch between bands very well.... hoping this is sorted in a software fix
gregpetr89
Journeyman
Options

Same issue for me. My phone switch continuously from 4 bars 4G signal to 4 bars 3G signal and the other way around, with the phone still on the table. Every switch the internet connection drops.

Same sim, on an 6 years old sony stays always in 4G with no issues. 

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I thought the new Feb update improved things. but still loose 4g signal quite often.
gregpetr89
Journeyman
Options
same here. Feb update just brought battery drain! what the hell are they doing!!
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
hopefully a fix is released soon!!!!!
0 Likes
Sergei87
Student
Options

Same with my Samsung. Before s21+, I used s7, it  kept a strong 4g signal  everywhere. And now my s21 in the same places where I visit, can show 1-2 bars of cellular network, and  instead of 4g the device switches to H+ or just H.