Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 ultra 4.1 update

(Topic created on: 02-04-2022 04:10 PM)
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Hi guys,
I've noticed more battery drain when phones not being used on the oneui 4.1 update compared to previous update.
Wonder if anyone has noticed the same?.
I've done the usual like I do after every update (wipe partition cache,apps booster).
It's nothing to major but definitely lossing more battery while phone is not being used.
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @tinglish  Noticed a bit more battery drain when phone not active but like yourself not really significant,monitoring it at the moment.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, I also completed a cache partition clean but I found doing a factory reset worked even better, my overnight battery drain is minimal 2-3% if that.
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
I havent noticed it too much. I mean it was for first 5 days, then I wiped the cache on it which helped 👌
costea26
First Poster
Options
Do you leave your phone with some internet conection on or not,because mine is draining about 10%
I bought it on 12 december ,it is basically new,no cracks no nothing,i am not using it when it is on charge ,when it is new you do not have to do the updates straight away,and the battery worked fine,after I did the update it sh*t
What did you do to make the battery work fine?
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, yes i leave on Wi-Fi, auto sync, always on display, bluetooth, make sure to toggle on WiFi power saving mode in the advanced WiFi settings, it definitely helps, turn off Bluetooth & WiFi scanning, turn off location when not in use, use dark mode, toggle on auto optimise daily in device care then press on the three dots in the top right hand corner & select automation.
These are all things that won't takeaway from the things that made you purchase this monster of a phone.
If I remember anything else I'll update this post.
Hope this helps
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Blessed4life @costea26  Good advice, though personally not a fan of Dark Mode during the Day even if it does save Battery.  I think you need the best combination  of optimum experience and sufficient battery life, however it is down to personal preference. obviously you could mostly use a Standard Refresh rate but a definite downside in my view.  putting apps which are only used occasionally to sleep though is good  practice.  You can also use Bixby Routines if desired to tweak things at different times. one article here https://www.sammobile.com/news/7-tips-improve-galaxy-s21-ultra-battery-life/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes