Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra 3x zoom lens juddering and not focusing outdoors

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 07:19 PM)
Citrus222
Apprentice
Options

I have an intermittent issue of the 3x zoom lens producing a wavey/shakey/juddering appearance without focusing at all (s21 ultra exynos version). This issue isn't experienced with other zoom selections. I have experienced this issue multiple times outdoors (all cold days) but never indoors, which is strange. Has anyone else experienced this?

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
That's strange, I haven't got any issues, try clearing the cameras app data in the app settings & see if that helps.
0 Likes
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
I had the same issue after the new Feb update, I just restarted it a few times and tested it again just now and it's working fine. The overheating issue is still there though!
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'd suggest returning it if you're getting overheating issues. Neither of my S21 Ultras have any overheating in camera use.

Just recorded a 10 minute UHD 60fps video (5GB size) inside my TPU case and the worst I can feel is a little bit of warmth from the back but nothing close to alarming.

Just FYI I'm using the S21 Ultra 512GB Exynos version.
Citrus222
Apprentice
Options
I've had absolutely terrible assistance from Samsung tech support with this issue. Just get passed from pillar to post and no one wants to take ownership of helping. It's clearly a severe problem with the camera.
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
I've already requested for a return label. I think it's been hit and miss situation, a number of people have reported similar issues, I'm glad your phones are working fine. I also got iPhone 12 Pro Max on pre-order but found it boring so gave it to my bro. I don't know what to get now 😅
0 Likes
Itbvolks
First Poster
Options

It would appear I'm also having the same issue with the 3x testing it here. Other lenses aren't showing the issue. 

Going to restart and see if it fixes the issue. Anyone know if this is a result of the Feb update or an issue with the camera IS system?!

0 Likes
Citrus222
Apprentice
Options
I've had the issue before and after the Feb update. Also did a factory reset yesterday which didn't fix it.
0 Likes
Itbvolks
First Poster
Options

I'd like to verify the issue but for some reason - I can view this video. Odd. Mine will shutter intermittently and seems somewhat focal length dependent but will lock focus and I can capture an image but the issue can/does pop up again repeatedly while trying to do so.. Verified - also tracks with video as well.

Regardless - need to open a formal inquiry into the issue so it can be tracked.

0 Likes
Bee86
Explorer
Options
I'm currently getting this issue aswell. Started today, wavy, wobbly jittery on 3x. Done software update, cleared all caches etc.
0 Likes