Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra 1x Camera Focus Blurry

(Topic created on: 23-09-2022 10:09 AM)
juggernaut
Pioneer
Options
Hi,

Over the last couple of days I've noticed if I try to focus in the distance with my 1x lens, the camera is clearly struggling to focus clearly and I don't get a sharp focus anymore. The other lens work fine.

Anyone else facing the same issues? 
31 REPLIES 31
juggernaut
Pioneer
Options
Same, had the camera module replaced twice under warranty. Doorstep repair. Wiped the phone each time which was inconvenient to restore every single time but got the job done.
0 Likes
Jonno666
First Poster
Options
Oh wow they did not with mine. Probably due to data protection. I was apprehensive about them having access obviously banking apps and passwords etc
0 Likes
juggernaut
Pioneer
Options

Lucky. It really is a pain. Takes 2 hours to restore all the backups, especially phone media.

The first time I backed up and reset the phone myself and the second time I left it locked but the tech went and reset it anyway saying he needed to do this to access diagnostics and asked if I had backed up my phone. Luckily I had, but would have been really annoyed if I hadn't since he went ahead and reset it without notifying me, especially since he was virutally on my doorstep.

0 Likes
Duhlda1
Student
Options

This is a hardware problem and not software. Tap the side of the phone firmly against your hand and the focus will work.

jOeYRod
Student
Options

I tried every tip that i found i finally it works, thanks man i was taping over the camera module and nothing but taping at left side works, again thank you!!!

PD: lets see how much time i can keep doing that before a critical damage *****

0 Likes
Members_9BUPQpy
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues with blurry pictures. Like many people on this and other posts the 1x setting is always blurry but change it to 0.6x or 3x or almost anything else and the picture is fine. It was only after reading these posts that I understood the 1x issue, so thank you. I'll just have to use the other settings instead. As others have said it certainly feels like a software/ firmware issue because it used to work fine. 

This issue will certainly feed into my next purchase decision, sadly.

0 Likes
Khoa
First Poster
Options

Wow, it worked. I hit some times by hand, and it works back. What the hell, Samsung.

0 Likes
Maruthi Panyam
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same issue.  1X camera is blurry and 3X onwards it is working fine.  I have tried by disabling the Scene optimiser but no use.  Tried by resetting the camera but no use.  Any other options before going to Samsung authorized dealer?

0 Likes
JameyS
First Poster
Options

It's a software issue that samsung refuses to fix. I know this because many before us had the camera module completely  replaced and still had problems. Everthing happened right after a software update. I had my phone replaced which had earlier software.... then after the update, the blurriness happened again...

If you tap your screen really hard, the focus will come back temporarily. 

0 Likes
j-marn
First Poster
Options
This worked perfectly, just have to do it every time it tries to refocus! 😄
0 Likes