Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Ultra 1x Camera Focus Blurry

(Topic created on: 22-03-2022 07:45 PM)
juggernaut
Pioneer
Options
Hi,

Over the last couple of days I've noticed if I try to focus in the distance with my 1x lens, the camera is clearly struggling to focus clearly and I don't get a sharp focus anymore. The other lens work fine.

Anyone else facing the same issues? 
31 REPLIES 31
Tuide
First Poster
Options

Mine has the same issue and is due for collection tomorrow. Anxious about sending phone off and did consider just living with it but the cameras were the main reason for buying this phone. Reading juggernauts post helps.

0 Likes
JRGM8GUY
First Poster
Options

Happy holidays all,

I've had this issue for weeks now and just disabled screen optimizer in the camera settings. 1x, 2x, 3x, 4x & 5x are now taking clear photos.

Let me knownif this worked for you. Samsung is usually not very helpful in diagnosing their products.

0 Likes
juggernaut
Pioneer
Options
I had originally disabled focus enhancer and screen optimiser as well and for a second I thought that the problem was fixed but it wasn't. There were times when I switched from video to photo and the focus was back which made me think it may be software based, but it was very temperamental and since getting a new camera unit replaced under warranty, it's been working fine since.
0 Likes
JRGM8GUY
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, I'm back to square one again. I cannot use the 3:4 108mp option in my camera. It does not focus at all. I was told by Samsung to drop my device off at a service center. Not an option since I do not have 2nd device to surrender my S21 Ultra. I'll keep you posted as I continue to troubleshoot my phone.

0 Likes
juggernaut
Pioneer
Options

Samsung now offer on-site repairs for the S21 Ultra (depending on location) from their support website. You can book it on their website and upload proof of purchase later on. I had the camera module replaced on another S21 Ultra (same problems as mine) and they came onsite and fixed it in like 1.5 hours. You have to backup as they end up doing a factory reset.

0 Likes
Jonno666
First Poster
Options

I have same problem and will try and look at on site repair. Can I ask what was best way you found to back up phone? Thanks 

0 Likes
JRGM8GUY
First Poster
Options

All,

Have your device check by an authorized Samsung service center. I had all the same issues you're experiencing. Both camera lens 1 & 2 were defective. Samsung fixed it in about 2hrs.

0 Likes
juggernaut
Pioneer
Options
Either Smart Switch desktop software or use the account backup option from your phone i.e. Google account to backup contacts and apps and then your Samsung account for SMS and other settings like phone home screen. Smart switch has usually been the best option for me.
0 Likes
JameyS
First Poster
Options

I'm so freakin upset. This happen to me in December. Samsung switched it out and the phone worked...until I received the same update.  Never tried to fix again because I knew I was getting the s22 Ultra.  However, I'm so disappointed in the s22 Ultra that I want to return.  Unfortunately, I'd still have issues with s21ultra 1x lens.|

I just went to the UbreakIfix Store. They told me that they have had other customers with the same issue and tried to replace camera module.  It still didn't work in all circumstances. There is definitely a firmware issue.

With that being said. My friend has the same phone with the same update... His camera works fine.
I just don't know what to do anymore

0 Likes
Jonno666
First Poster
Options
I had it fixed under warranty via the service where a repair guy comes over. Took 40min the technician said its common issue replaced all lenses for me.
0 Likes