Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21.. Top half of screen dimming !

(Topic created on: 26-02-2021 10:57 PM)
djf1uk
Journeyman
Options
Top half of my S21 5g randomly dims, not completely blacked out , but at least dark enough to be a nuisance. Returns soon after, locking the screen or going to home page.
 Is this a fault or some kind of auto battery saving setting?
This started from day one. This never happened on my previous device, S10.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Rishi
Pioneer
Options
just a thought but maybe you have auto brightness turned on?
djf1uk
Journeyman
Options
yes but why does only the top half dim?
I will try it without auto brightness on👍🏻
0 Likes
Rishi
Pioneer
Options
not sure about the top half dimming. I also have the s21 and I haven't seemed to have that problem. Still I think maybe try turning of auto-brightness?
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
some OLED screens malfunction if put in water or has had an amount of pressure on. my advice is take it to samsung retailer and follow local covid procedures
djf1uk
Journeyman
Options
I managed to catch a screen shot..
Am I missing something or is this normal?
I used Google search to get to this page. could this be a factor?
I don't want to send my phone of to Samsung as in the past it has taken 3 weeks to return!

Screenshot_20210226-231920_Google.jpg

0 Likes
DylGMD
Pioneer
Options
does it do it just in Google? might be a software bug that requires factory reset
0 Likes
djf1uk
Journeyman
Options
I'm going to try and replicate it using Google search widget, Chrome app and then Samsung's Internet app, in that order and hopefully see where and when it happens.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
That is definitely a defect, no doubt about it. This is not normal behaviour of automatic brightness or any display function for that matter. Contact Samsung and get your phone replaced is my suggestion.