Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 standby battery drain in safe mode

(Topic created on: 10-02-2021 09:01 PM)
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

I have s21 exynoss  version. My battery is drained while phone is in standby...

Screenshot_20210210-172812_Device care.jpg

 started the phone in "safe mode" then after 5 hours restart in normal turned on 4g to post the screenshot.

0 Likes
18 REPLIES 18
MDaiana
Navigator
Options
mine is draining very fast as well. I had the AOD turned on, I will switch it off to see how it goes. But still I don't think I can get at least 4h of SOT

Screenshot_20210210-170649_Device care.jpg

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
hi

try watching "the YouTube tech guy" on YouTube,he has a video for s21 ultra on how to improve your battery and performance.
I found it brilliant and used a few of his ideas.
this is my battery performance:

Screenshot_20210209-144742_Device care.jpg

GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

Actually nothing can be improved if device is not going into deep sleep...

My wifi, 4g, bt, nfc are all off during sleep time... which i lose 15-20% battery for nothing...

Case1188
Voyager
Options
I don't understand why so many are experiencing all these problems, I have the s21 ultra 5g exynos verient and my battery lasts two days with moderate use, and does not heat up while watching YouTube videos or using camera, I guess some people must have faulty devices, there's bound to be devices with teething problems when new devices are released, send them back guys.
skyline91
Journeyman
Options

I have S21 exynos version, bluetooth on, aod off and wifi/bluetooth scanning off, 4g on and almost whole day on wifi. I installed naptime so it can go to doze faster. Before AUB3 update battery wasn't so good, but after update it's really bad. Phone is almost whole day laying on desk. On First picture phone has 89% and second 63%.

Screenshot_20210210-161305_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210210-215604_Device care.jpg

tinglish
Hotshot
Options
maybe send yours back then,it must be a fault with the device.
have you managed to speak to Samsung see what they are saying?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
My guess is some of you have either an app or widget that's keeping your phone from powering down. It's not normal behaviour by any means to have such high idle drain. I'd suggest tracking down which app or widget you're using that drains the phone so much since so many do not have this problem, myself included. I typically have no issue getting 10h+ SoT through a days worth of browsing, gaming, streaming etc.
0 Likes
GavS
Journeyman
Options
mine has battery drain, and it'd only started since the Samsung update earlier this week. before installing this update the phone was fine (s21)
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

In safe mode, no apps, widgets are active :smiling-face: 

0 Likes