Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 software issues - any news on a fix?

(Topic created on: 08-03-2023 07:20 PM)
LuLu37
Explorer
Options

For the myriad of us S21 users that are suffering from our phones randomly turning off and on throughout the day, is there any news on when an update will be released to fix this??   I’ve been informed that Samsung have now acknowledged that there is an issue caused by the recent software updates and are “urgently” working with Google.  Just how urgent is urgent??? 

7 REPLIES 7
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you spoken to Support? If not mayrb you should start there
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
My s21 Is working ok. No random turn offs and battery life better than ever.
Have you cleared the cache?? And checked for any app updates as there is no sign of a phone updae at the moment.
LuLu37
Explorer
Options

Have tried all “fixes” have also had a technician look at the phone who confirmed a software issue…..as have Samsung.  Glad you’re not experiencing the issues that a lot of us are. 

Egg1
Voyager
Options
Are you sick of being told to clear cache etc from folks that just can't believe genuinely p'd off S21 owners could have a genuine problem?
Last I heard, samsung blamed google and just said it's a case of checking frequently for updates to " filter through "
0 Likes
LuLu37
Explorer
Options
Have been told that Google are "on it" and they are releasing on servers bit by bit. That may be the case, but it's cold comfort to those of us whose phones are going on and off, like a red light above a brothel!! I've already had 2 instances of where the phone has not responded at all but somehow I've managed to get it to turn back on.
0 Likes
billben100
First Poster
Options
After update mine was working great but after doing phone diagnostics it has started restarting
0 Likes
LuLu37
Explorer
Options

Mine has be horrific today!  Must have rebooted at least 8 times in quick succession and then part of the screen disappeared.  Samsung customer service is dire, I called today as I’ve had enough now, my phone is not fit for purpose.  I had to explain numerous times what was happening with the phone, they now want to send it off for repair and this will take 10 days.  They will not supply a temporary phone during this time.  When I asked the chap I was talking to if he could go 10 days without his phone, he laughed and said probably not - yet you expect your customer to.  I then asked what happens after it’s been for repair and the issue continues.  The response was “well you’ll have to call us back” - at this point I’m afraid I lost my temper.   Why is so much of the onus on your customers Samsung, when you know there is an issue!!! What absolute rubbish customer service.

0 Likes