Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Slow motion & Super slow motion issues

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 12:29 PM)
AH_
First Poster
Options

Has anyone has issues with their S21 and the slow-motion/super slow motion feature? I used it today for the first time and was super disappointed with the results. The super-slow motion quality wasn't great and the playback had a stop/start for each frame. The super slow motion was horrendous, the picture was completely fuzzy! Are these known issues?

Super slow motionSuper slow motioncamera viewcamera viewSuper slow motionSuper slow motion

21 REPLIES 21
Sean
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issue. The images look ok but the slow motion video jitters, which is very annoying for this expensive phone. 

I don't even want to say anything about the super crappy Super Slow Motion....

AnushkaWJ
Student
Options
I also had the same issue. SloMo videos were stuttering.
But found below comment on a Samsung Community (reddit) and it worked for me. Give a try and see. I don't know how long this temporary fix lasts. But so far so good.
LeonVector 73d
So I end up writing a support message in the camera app and got a reply on how to fix it.
The reply told me to delete the camera app data cache and it reset my camera app to default setting, which no longer have the issue. I hope it work got you too
Unquote
I did the default settings by Open Camera > camera settings > Reset settings > Reset
0 Likes
MrHoli
First Poster
Options

I fixed this. Had the same choppy videos before. Disable window animation and video call effects and everything else that looks fancy and useless, sorry I can't remember everything . Activate developer mode go to processes and kill video call effects and any other useless ones . Then at the top click cached processes and kill the memory taking ones and any others that look useless. After that my slomo and super slomo and even instagram was perfect. If only I can still some slight chopp is when viewing a rexently recorded instagram story but I've checked my oqn storiws after posting and it was perfect,also double checked on an iPhone and it was perfect. I hope this helps this made me want to keep the phone. 

0 Likes
RoTrova
First Poster
Options

Did anyone else get this? Mine still sucks. 

0 Likes
bruuucie
First Poster
Options
Same problem here with an S21 - tried various resets/clearing cache/updates without success.

Last phone software update was apparently to improve camera performance - which I find hard to believe!
0 Likes
MV18
Explorer
Options

I have a terrible issues with my camera on Samsung Galaxy S21 Plus. 

First slow motion and super slow motion have a terrible quality.

Second is that everything shutters, every mode every menu in camera app.

Still on June update!

Strongly considering moving from Samsung...

0 Likes
Reza behrouzi
Student
Options

Yes ٫ I was very surprised to see the disappointing performance of the S21 plus in super slow motion / I can not believe that this is the flagship of Samsung in 2021 ٫ I hope the problem will be solved with a software update

0 Likes
Reza behrouzi
Student
Options

In my opinion, in addition to the super slow motion mode, the performance of the telephoto camera is also very bad

0 Likes
Eluryh
Pioneer
Options

Sammobile wrote an article about it, but i don't expect samsung to react about this. Doesn't seem a feature that everybody uses and not a widespread issue. Shame.

This is the article: https://www.sammobile.com/news/samsung-flagships-suffering-from-stuttery-slow-motion-recording/

And this is the reddit related post: https://www.reddit.com/r/samsung/comments/pu6qpn/sammobile_samsung_flagships_suffering_from/?utm_med...

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

There's nothing samsung can do about this as this is not a software issue. The quality of the sensors on S21 ultra is complete and utter garbage. They are suffocated with noise reduction  algorythms to compensate and, because of this, everything looks blurry. I guranatee you they do not have the courage to disable the noise processing, because people will be astonished by the mediocrity of this phone and will not bother spending money on this device.