Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Slow motion & Super slow motion issues

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 07:44 AM)
AH_
First Poster
Options

Has anyone has issues with their S21 and the slow-motion/super slow motion feature? I used it today for the first time and was super disappointed with the results. The super-slow motion quality wasn't great and the playback had a stop/start for each frame. The super slow motion was horrendous, the picture was completely fuzzy! Are these known issues?

Super slow motionSuper slow motioncamera viewcamera viewSuper slow motionSuper slow motion

21 REPLIES 21
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yes very much so, the S21 cameras are riddled with problems, was talking to someone on another page who bought and s21 Saturday and has returned it due to camera issues, it will mainly be software so there will be a fix at some stage but obviously its not ideal, but it is very much known.
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
Yes the camera is terrible both front and back blury and terrible photos
lorchee
Explorer
Options

I albo noticed that the camera is facing many issues and quality overall is just bad. A bit disappointed on so expensive Phone...

Anthropomorfic
First Poster
Options
I'm having issues with stuttering on the normal slow motion on my S21 Ultra. Not found a fix yet.

Super slow motion isn't great but I didn't expect much. Had the S20 and it was the same. I think it's just a lower resolution. And it needs a lot of light so is mostly useless indoors.

But photos and other videos are brilliant.
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
Took the best quality slow mo I've had from my S21 ultra, this weekend, in sunlight. It's terrible!
klumpo
Apprentice
Options

Me too. I filmed my E-Maxx with my new Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and I got audio dropouts and video stutter. I hope Samsung can fix this, or maybe it is some of my apps or widgets which does this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yFxLrQj4eY

0 Likes
Tinolino
Journeyman
Options

I have the same problem. S21 Ultra exynos in germany.

Video  of my slowmo stutter camera here. Slowmo starts at 25 seconds :

https://streamable.com/ucko9q

AnushkaWJ
Student
Options

Yes. Both Slow motion and Super slow-motion video lagging while playing back. It is not a major lag but like milliseconds (multiple lagging) during playbacks but it is really annoying. My previous S8 didn't have this issue. I used to take Slo-mo when we are playing Cricket and now I simply don't use slow-motion.  That's a real shame. I hope that some sort of Android update will fix this issue.  Also can anyone tell me that if I change the video size/mode (eg: 30fps, 60 fps, UHD,..etc) will this go away? 

0 Likes
Tinolino
Journeyman
Options

Sadly there is no fix. No matter what you try (even resetting the phone and installing nothing on it) will fix it. Its just broken.

If Samsung can fix it or if it is a problem with the chip - we dont know. I talked to multiple Samsung support Staff and they dont even know this issue exists.

So its unlikely we will get a fix for it. I wish I would have bought the Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra instead of the Samsung S21 Ultra. Well... next time i know better.