Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 slow loading apps on wifi

(Topic created on: 30-08-2021 09:54 PM)
AJ_A
Journeyman
Options
Hi
Over the past week multiple apps on my S21 ultra are running extremely slowly when connected to WiFi e.g. Twitter photos and videos not loading, BBC weather app opening slowly, Samsung members app not loading, etc. There is nothing wrong with my WiFi as all other devices are working fine, and the issue seems to go away when I toggle WiFi on and off though returns after a couple of minutes. All apps are functioning as they should when using my mobile data.
I have tried forgetting WiFi and reconnecting, restarting phone, starting in safe mode to no avail.
Has anyone come across this issue and are there any solutions to this?
18 REPLIES 18
tinglish
Hotshot
Options
Hi,
Have you performed partition cache wipe,also galaxy apps booster in good guardians app?
0 Likes
AJ_A
Journeyman
Options
Hi, yes I have just tried both of these and the issues persist
0 Likes
Windswept
Explorer
Options
If you are getting slow downloads only when connecting to WiFi, and not when your phones data, then it must surely be the WiFi network you are connected to, try restarting the router, or changing to a 5g connection rather than the older 2.4g.
If its only on WiFi, then it's probably the WiFi network and not your phone.
0 Likes
AJ_A
Journeyman
Options
Hi, thanks for the reply. I have restarted the router and no impact. The strange thing is that some apps e.g. Facebook, BBC sport, etc work absolutely fine under WiFi, it's certain apps that are not.
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @AJ_A 

Have you tried checking if the apps are up to date? If you're unsure, please head into Play Store > Search the apps you're experiencing issues with > Update (if there's an update available). 

0 Likes
AJ_A
Journeyman
Options
Hi, yes all apps and phone are completely up to date. I have also tried resetting phone to factory settings but this has not worked either.
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hmm, that is quite strange. As the issue only occurs when using Wi-Fi, it does sound like it's solely linked to this. You also stated it occurs with a select few apps, and not all. So, have you tried reaching out to the app developers regarding this? 

0 Likes
AJ_A
Journeyman
Options
The apps that are not working are mainstream apps (eg Twitter) so if it is a common issue I'm sure more people would be reporting it. Interestingly I tried the WiFi using my wife's phone as a hotspot and all applications worked perfectly. So clearly it's something to do with my WiFi but I do not know what as all other devices in the house work perfectly. The phone automatically connects itself to the 5ghz connection so I'm not sure how I could redirect it to a 2.4ghz connection
0 Likes
KholaI
Options

You won't be able to change the connection on the phone when using Wi-Fi, as this option is only available when using Hotspot. But, it's still quite strange. Are there any other Samsung's being used in your home? Have you tried connecting to another Wi-Fi connection when out? 

0 Likes