Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 series update, BTU firmware - UK.

(Topic created on: 08-02-2021 10:49 AM)
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
New update available now for S21 series with BTU firmware in the UK.
 Nothing of great significance, Camera improvements and Overall performance improvements. 

15 REPLIES 15
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options
thankyou Ashley... I just checked and received my update as well.

Here is a list of the release notes.

SmartSelect_20210208-111412_Samsung Internet_5085.jpg

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
the release notes for the latest aren't available yet. they are for the 2 previous updates.
0 Likes
Gionike
Voyager
Options
few people seem to have received the new UK update but I still haven't received it. very frustrating aaarrggghhhhh. I need a fix lol
0 Likes
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
This Feb update makes the phone less smoother, you can feel it when scrolling etc, also it stutters at the start up, phone doesn't heat up crazy now but still feels fairly hot when using video camera.
0 Likes
Losimagic
Explorer
Options

What temperatures are people seeing? Mine idles around 32/34c, and easily hits 44 when using the camera for a few minutes. (This is after applying this new update).

It's making my fingers sweat, even at idle!

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
whoa that's high, mine has been absolutely fine so far, before and after the update. I haven't opened the camera other than to check for an orange dot (N) afterwards. I'll try it now for a few minutes see if that's OK too. I am going off battery temp BTW, that's all I have reliable access to, even right now after at least 40 mins straight use and a 15 minute call it's still low. of course I'd feel the CPU if it was hot. I have a Samsung OEM clear case on too. These are from Info & CPU-Z.

Screenshot_20210208-163155_3839.jpg

Screenshot_20210208-163509_CPU-Z.jpg

0 Likes
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
I thought it seemed to make it snappier but smoother at the same time some how 😅 I have never had an over heating issue though, so it maybe something in particular to settle the affected devices down a little. I got an initial stutter at start up but the installation finish took at least 3 times longer than normal ( in the notification shade )
GalaxyAsh
Voyager
Options
😄 this ( my phone ) is BTU firmware, if in Settings > About Phone > Software And- the latter part of your service provider software version is something like 'BTU/BTU,BTU/EUX/BTU' you should have this update too, anything like "EVR or VOD etc, it will take a while longer unfortunately. You're not missing a great deal either way amd it will arrive soon enough.
0 Likes
DanielJLMiller
Pathfinder
Options

Mine doesn't get hot at all. 

Camera wise. Taking pictures (especially on 108mp mode) definitely is improved. Picture quality still naugh though. Very noisey image.

0 Likes