Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 series have dual sim?

(Topic created on: 30-01-2021 10:49 PM)
Nicky07
First Poster
Options

Was wondering if the s21 series will support dual sim, as the phone are no longer supported by a micro sd card?

52 REPLIES 52
Nevsky
Apprentice
Options

I have model SM-G998U1 unlocked in the US and it only has a spot for a single SIM and there is no way that I have found to activate an eSIM.  For over $1250, this is absurd.  All Samsung has to do is activate it.  Some of us need it for travel.  I am very disappointed. 

Sweden721127
Explorer
Options

I got mine yesterday,  a Nordic version SM-G998B/DS and it has support 2 physical Nano sim-cards. I have 2 in it now. 

Sweden721127
Explorer
Options

I have now too and it does have dual sim :smiling-face: 

Journeyman
Options

Feb-8th, 2021 20:40

Hi I've got s21  but think it's a mistake to take micro sd slot away.I had to buy a phone with bigger memory because no micro sd an I will have to transfer all my music from sd to phone memory. It's also noticeable that it cost me £50 more for bigger memory but on trade in you don't reward that with £50 for a bigger memory phone! Please bring sd slot back and earphone jack too !

0 Likes
Dotty
First Poster
Options

Is there any way to get a dual physical SIM in S21 ultra? I don't use and many others don't use Telstra, Optus or Vodafone and they are the only ones who supply the eSIM. I do use 2 Sims in my current phone.

0 Likes
Stoleriko
Pioneer
Options

Here in Israel I do have 2 sim tray. 

0 Likes
JayMcG
First Poster
Options

Can you confirm if using 2 sims has a big impact on battery life?...ill use the 2nd sim during work hours and then turn it off but before i buy i don't want it to drain the battery life using 2. 

Sweden721127
Explorer
Options

It has almost no effect, I haven't noticed any impact on my battery life ands I use 2 physical SIM-cards. 

Members_eVysNBS
First Poster
Options

The US version of the S21 does not support eSIM card and has only one physical SIM slot. Quite unconvenient when travelling abroad.  Any reason why this is different from the European version?

0 Likes
Nevsky
Apprentice
Options

If I were to take a guess, it is because the US cell phone companies do not want customers to use other companies, in particular, because, unlike in other countries, phones are often subsidized here.  Dual SIMs just makes it easier to use other companies.  

0 Likes