Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 series have dual sim?

(Topic created on: 21-01-2021 09:57 AM)
Nicky07
First Poster
Options

Was wondering if the s21 series will support dual sim, as the phone are no longer supported by a micro sd card?

52 REPLIES 52
Darbis
Voyager
Options

The model number is: SM-G998BZKGEUB for Nordic countries.

0 Likes
Jessiee
First Poster
Options
Can I insert 1 simcard and 1 sd card on S21 like you do in S9?
0 Likes
DannicaSantiago
Journeyman
Options

@jessiee no you cant anymore, s21 series will no longer support sd cards. what you can do instead is either use cloud or usb-c memory stick if you want extra storage.

0 Likes
Solution
SachikoT
Helping Hand
Options

Just wanted to make sure that you're all clear on what's coming up in the S21 family devices (information from the UK and Ireland teams). 

- The Galaxy S21 family devices have 2 physical nano-SIM card slots 

- The S21 family devices support eSIM (where available)

- You can use up to 2 SIMs on your Galaxy S21 devices. This means 2x physical nano-SIMs or 1 physical nano-SIM + eSIM). 

- There is no SD card support on the S21 family devices

If this helps, please accept it as a solution to help others discover it in the Community! 

@ElinH, can you confirm the details for Sweden for  @Sweden721127 

Darbis
Voyager
Options

Same goes for Nordic countries:  The Galaxy S21 family devices have 2 physical nano-SIM card slots

Darbis
Voyager
Options

Samsung Support Finland 5ebae8b2e25ce360e3b407a3 Mon, 18 Jan 2021 10:56:27 UTC

Hi Darbis, thanks for your post.

According to our information, the device has space for two sim cards. You can use either sim + sim or sim + e.sim.

Solution
ElinH
Troubleshooter
Options

@SachikoT @Darbis @Sweden721127 

I can confirm that his information is correct for Sweden and the other Nordic countries as well 😊

- The Galaxy S21 family devices have 2 physical nano-SIM card slots 

- The S21 family devices support eSIM (where available)

- You can use up to 2 SIMs on your Galaxy S21 devices. This means 2x physical nano-SIMs or 1 physical nano-SIM + eSIM). 

- There is no SD card support on the S21 family devices

// ElinH
Nevsky
Apprentice
Options

That is not the case at all.  This is a significant downgrade.  Also, cloud storage costs money.  Sometimes people do not want cloud storage and want or need local storage.  The up front cost is significant, especially for 512gb. It is also disapointment not to be able to get a straight answer about dual SIMS or eSIMS by region and/or provider.

Sweden721127
Explorer
Options

Thanks a lot for your responses :smiling-face: Now I have called Samsung Sverige and they have confirmed that you can have 2 physical nano sim-cards in the new S21- series :smiling-face: 

Darbis
Voyager
Options

I have the phone and it is dual sim😀