Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 selfie camera too whitewashed!

(Topic created on: 19-06-2021 06:46 AM)
Memm
Journeyman
Options

I just bought s21 why my selfies are so white???Im naturally olive skinned and i look like ghost!!! I took the HDR off and in beauty mode even turn the lightness to -4 still so white and dull !!! 

11 REPLIES 11
Kazliz
Apprentice
Options
Hi I had exactly the same. I looked ill...I posted on here and someone suggested doing the software update. I did this and they are much better (not sure they are as good as my S8 but still way better than they were) hopefully that might fix it for you too 🤞
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Under Camera settings there is option for colour tone which you can set to bright or natural.

Choose natural and see if it makes a difference.
Memm
Journeyman
Options

Hey ! Thank you for answering. Yes i did the last update and tried to change to natural light. Still same, my face looks like  freshly washed white t shirt 😞 

0 Likes
Memm
Journeyman
Options

I have to use beauty mode all the time now with lightness turned down to -4 to even get to close enough to my skin color

0 Likes
Memm
Journeyman
Options

Even if i try to take photos from mirror with back camera still too much overexposure. Now i compare my old pictures with s10 and s10 took much better pictures....my skin tone was just right in every picture with front and back camera.

0 Likes
Dennis K
First Poster
Options

Onfg I just got mine yesterday and selfies whitewashed as ***** and back camera got no detail just grain

0 Likes
Rowan86
Student
Options

Where you could use "original" on the s20 they seemed to have removed it on the s21 it makes light colored people look ill. Horrible.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

If you haven't noticed an improvement when changing the Selfie Colour Tone (Camera > Settings > Selfie Colour Tone > Choose Bright or Natural) then please check out Advanced Face Retouch to see if this helps. Open the Camera app > Switch to the front facing camera > Effects (top right icon) > Face, and adjust the settings to your preference. 

0 Likes
Rowan86
Student
Options

Yeah, thanks but no. It's the color that makes eastern people especially look ill. The S21 only has a "natural" or "bright" setting while the S20 also has a "original" this original setting is the most spot on but it isnt available on the S21 despite all other enhancements.

0 Likes