Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Scrolling experience

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 02:47 PM)
CSBP
Journeyman
Options
Hi

I preordered the S21 and received it with great excitement. I was however left a little flat with the scrolling experience. 

I had a LG G6 (60hz refresh rate) since launch, April 2017 and I have had no need to upgrade until now.

With the S21 having 120hz refresh rate I was expecting a greatly improved experience over the LG G6. However, I can not say that this is the case when scrolling. Yes, scrolling is smooth, very smooth infact. No judder experienced like at 60hz on the LG G6. 

However on the S21 there is a visual annoyance, particularly with text, dragging/blurrying/fragmenting. 

And I don't mean a fast scroll from the top of the page to the bottom of the page. I mean slow to medium speed scrolling from 1 paragraph to the next. 

When scrolling on the LG G6, text remains solid. 

I was convinced this was a fault with my display and researched online and spoke with Samsung on Twitter and being within the first 14 days, I requested a replacement device from my Network provider. 

I have now received my replacement device and I am disappointed to see the same issue. And infact to add, scrolling is less smooth on this device. 

Has anyone else experienced this issue? 

Is this a Samsung issue? 

Is this a trade off with 120hz refresh rate? 
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Lukeb1
Pioneer
Options
it's probably a one ui animation thing.

go into developer setting and change all the animation scale settings to .5x

I would bet that will solve what your experiencing
Stefan90
Pathfinder
Options
same here and it works perfectly fine for me
0 Likes
CSBP
Journeyman
Options
Hi guys

Thanks for this. I've looked at developer settings but there doesn't appear to be an option for animation scale. See attached.

Screenshot_20210217-182048_TalkBack.jpg

0 Likes
jayboi54
Voyager
Options
it's in developer options
0 Likes
CSBP
Journeyman
Options
Thanks.

After Google searching and going through the unhide process I got it. I played about with the animation scale values, unfortunately with no impact on my issue.

I can't believe noone has ever raised this as an issue. In my opinion it provides a pretty poor scrolling experience. And is something I've never experienced before on a device. Which leads me to believe it's common to Samsung or common to higher refresh rates.
0 Likes