Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 screen protector

(Topic created on: 16-04-2022 12:07 AM)
AJ007
Apprentice
Options
I have the original film "protector" on my phone but the bottom corner is peeling and will eventually lead to the full film peeling off. I've been told you cannot buy this Samsung film seperate and do not want to go near glass protection as I do not have a case and the bump would be annoying, least of all the issues with the fingerprint scanner. 

Do I really need a screen protector? I don't know much about mew glass on phones, I know victus is better than gorilla glass but idk what it means by better.... is it all but scratch proof? Can I get away with my phone being naked or should I stick a new film on the screen? 

Thanks in advance :smiling-face:
11 REPLIES 11
Aklima
Big Cheese
Options
Hi,
Have you had a chance to check the Samsung store website to see if they have a screen protector for ur phone?
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

There are various tpu screen protectors available from ebay , amazon and Highstreet Stores @AJ007 

I can't see one on the Samsung.com website.

I appreciate your not wanting a glass screen protector _ I use the Whitestone Dome Glass Screen Protector with a Samsung Black Leather Cover Case on my phone.

In regards to using a screen protector at all......

This is entirely at the owners choice.

Corning® Gorilla® Glass Victus™ — the toughest Gorilla® Glass yet, with significantly improved scratch and drop performance corning.com_Samsung. 

....... but Glass is Glass so it can scratch.

Micro scratches can happen.

Also if the situation occurs where a phone is accidentally dropped or bumped against anything a phone without some form of protection could be more susceptible to possible damage.

I hope that helps.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi i couldn't find any film screen protectors on Samsung's website so i checked online & the best film screen protector I found were on amazon, very pleased with the product.
Spigen NeoFlex Screen Protector for Samsung Galaxy S21 - 2 Pack.
AJ007
Apprentice
Options
Hi, thanks for your reply and yeah I've checked with Samsung. They do mot provide any screen protectors.
0 Likes
AJ007
Apprentice
Options
Thank you for your reply, I am guessing tpu is like a plastic protector? And thank you for your information on victus glass- if it is still likely to scratch, I will get another protector to replace my current one. Thank you again
AJ007
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, I will have a look at them
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes @AJ007 tpu is the plastic type protector.

Sorry I'm just used to naming them tpu 🙄

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AJ007
Apprentice
Options
Thank you, its not a problem, I just know there are different types of plastic protectors and some don't work well with the fingerprint reader, just wanted ti double check that it's a tpu one that I'm wanting. Thank you again
0 Likes
Ferenc75
Helping Hand
Options
Whitestone Dome 1 of the best. A bit of pricey but perfect