Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 SCRATCHED SCREEN ON A 2 WEEK PHONE

(Topic created on: 30-01-2022 01:57 PM)
MaggieMal
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I have a 2 weeks old S21 samsung and my screen is badly scratched already.

I thought the glass was gorilla strength glass and it doesn't  need a screen protector, at least that's what I read online.

Is it true?

There was no plastic on the screen, only on the back cover. Is this correct? Please advise as I am shocked as to how easily it scratches.

12 REPLIES 12
Ash_ley
Student
Options
Just so you know i thought the same and then realised there was a screen protector on it. Honestly take a look at the edge if the screen theres a slight lip. My friend showed me it is a screen protector.
Ginga_p
Troubleshooter
Options
Toughened glass will still smash if you hit it with a hammer
G G
0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
Also look at the camera lense on the screen & run your finger over it.

My own screen picked up a few scratches recently and i panicked a bit, before remembering about the protector 😊😂
GalaxyA51user
Voyager
Options

Luckily it was the screen protector as you said. Scratching an expensive phone is a thing to worry because the replacement parts are expensive too. Anyway, your phone may be covered by warranty since it's only 2 weeks old.😉

Ash_ley
Student
Options
Yeah its a horrible thing to see. I really panicked when i noticed my screen was scratched and then felt soooo relieved.
MaggieMal
Apprentice
Options

Hi

I see it but I can't take it off. Or is there a special way to take it off?

Please advise.

Thank you.

0 Likes
MaggieMal
Apprentice
Options

Hi

How long is the warranty on the screen? Do you perhaps know?

AndrewL
Options

@MaggieMal: Scratches to your screen would be classed as cosmetic damage, which isn't covered by our warranty, I'm afraid. The S21 features Gorilla Glass Victus, which has significantly improved scratch and drop resistance, however scratching can still occur in some instances. I understand that this isn't ideal, and recommend checking out our official range of cases and covers for an added layer of protection. 

Mobile Accessories - Phone Cases, Chargers & More | Samsung UK

Case1188
Voyager
Options
I recommend a whitestone dome tampard glass screen protector, best on the market as far as I'm concerned, a bit expensive yes, but not near as expensive as your device.
0 Likes