Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 return

(Topic created on: 21-03-2021 05:18 PM)
Members_vi8YgY1
First Poster
Options

After ordering an S21 £692.10 and an S21+ case £15.12, (£8.88 discount), I returned the S21 (DPD Collection) due to it not having the experience I liked and waited for over a month for a refund. I made a call after receiving no refund or update on a refund.

Samsung 'customer service' then told me that I also had to return the case for the refund to go through due to the £8.88 discount for the case from buying the S21.

Unfortunately I've bought the case for a relatives S21+ and don't want to return it. Furthermore, 'customer service' never specified that I had to return the case with the S21, even after asking for any possible extra instructions I might need to know during the call.

Samsung could simply deduct the discount price from the refund for the S21 making it £683.22 which I'd be fine with.

Any advice on how to solve this? I can't give the case back, as I've bought it as a gift, I only want a refund for the phone which I've already sent back as instructed to the letter. Now customer services are telling me that it's impossible to refund the device due to the case not having also been returned.

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
steca41
Pioneer
Options
i think the quickest way to resolve this matter is, purchase the exact same case from another seller eg: amazon and return the new case you receive to samsung
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung can't demand the return of the case, in order to refund the phone. They can deduct the £8.88 discount as it was part of the promotion, but that's it. If they keep giving you issues, tell your bank. They have no legal grounds to withhold the refund for the item you've sent back.
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
That's a resolution, but one the OP shouldn't, and doesn't need to do.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi you should just tell them the truth that you bought the case for a family member & you cannot return it, that way they have to move on to another option & deduct the price of the case, hopefully you will get your refund sooner than later.
Hope this helps.
0 Likes
SF
Explorer
Options
sell it for £692 online - thats a bargain!
0 Likes
all-2
Explorer
Options
Samsung shame on u give the man a refund
0 Likes