Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 restarting randomy

(Topic created on: 19-01-2022 10:57 PM)
StephL91
Journeyman
Options
I received my new phone at the end of September, mid October my phone started to randomly restart. This can happen when I am using the phone, and when I am not.  The phone isn't hot. I have had no new apps installed, so must be an issue with the device. I contacted support who told me to do a factory reset but I don't have another device to back it up! It is so frustrated that I upgraded from a perfectly good phone to then receive a faulty one?
13 REPLIES 13
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Try wiping the cache partition on the phone and that might solve the issue. To do this, just search 'how to wipe cache partition S21' and you should find what you are looking for 😀.

If this does not work, then a factory reset may resolve this issue. Try backing up the phone to Smart Switch on a computer or to Samsung Cloud. Then, factory reset the device and afterwards, restore your data, depending on method of backup. See if this fixes the issue.

Finally, if all else fails, take it to a Samsung Store or a local repair shop and they will easily fix this problem for you 🙂. Hope this helps! 😎
StephL91
Journeyman
Options
Thank you! I have tried clearing the cache partition before and unfortunately it doesn't work, I read that an update broke it. My laptop has a smaller storage than my phone so not an option, how much does the cloud hold and will everything back up the same way it does when using smart switch?
StephL91
Journeyman
Options
I have actually just found a video on YouTube of how to clear this while plugged into a pc. So I have managed this. I will let you know if this works! Thanks again
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
I think Samsung Cloud has unlimited storage. Compared to Smart Switch, I believe the latter comprehensively backs up data more effectively than the Samsung Cloud, as from my personal experience. So, if in the case you do back up with the cloud, just make sure to remember stuff such as; home screen settings, apps layout and the like. You can back up to Samsung Cloud on your device by going into Settings > Back ups and data > Samsung Cloud. Hope this helps! 😀
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Nice, was just about to type you needed a computer lol 😅!
0 Likes
StephL91
Journeyman
Options
😂 well fingers crossed 🤞🏻
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Haha 😅! If my comments were helpful, could you please click the three dots on my comment and select accept solution? Thank you! 😊
0 Likes
leicesterMan
Troubleshooter
Options
Have had this problem on my Samsung galaxy s20 ultra unlocked since updated to android 12 and battery issue
StephL91
Journeyman
Options
Unfortunately, my phone is still restarting 😔
0 Likes