Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 resetting after update

(Topic created on: 29-11-2022 09:49 AM)
Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options

I own an S21 ultra for about a year and a half now. I worked well until I update to Android 13/One UI 5.0. It keeps restarting itself while Im using it or whilst just sat there. Sometimes during me opening the camera, watching youtube or checking Instagram, just anytime could happen. It really frustrating that i cant do anything about it. I even factory reset my phone, but the issue still persist. Has anyone else had the same issues and solved it yet?

SAMSUNG SORT IT OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20 REPLIES 20
Caz4213
First Poster
Options
I have had problems with several apps since that update, I have been on an online chat with Samsung, but they won't accept there is an issue. I am extremely annoyed.
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Jonesy1 @Caz4213  obviously unfortunate, have you though tried wiping the cache partition/Repair Apps.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Repair Apps can be found from the same Recovery Menu.

It is possible though you will need to wait for a bug fix, have you reported it via Samsung Members-Error Reports.

whilst some  issues these are not universal though, some Members have found their Device running fairy smoothly after the update.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options
I have tried all of the above on a few occasions now and still made no difference unfortunately 😕
0 Likes
NorthernMammoth
Explorer
Options
My S20 restarts overnight now after the android 13 update. Fortunately it's only once a day compared to some users I'm reading about. Tried wipe partion, then clearing cache individually on all apps, plus other YouTube advice. Apart from factory reset which I really don't want to do, it's persisting. Phone just seems glitchy as well. Just hoping a future update sorts it.
0 Likes
PaulM1
Options

That's unusual, @NorthernMammoth. As it is happening overnight, please can you check whether Auto optimisation is perhaps toggled on?:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-optimise-the-performance-of-a-galaxy-smartp...

If "Restart when needed" is toggled on, this may explain why your phone is restarting each night. 

Please can you check this and let me know how you get on?

0 Likes
thejon
Journeyman
Options
This seems to be becoming a big problem for lots of users.
I now have same issue s21 ultra ive turned off auto optimisation but still does it randomly and when in use.
One thing I noticed is I can't make calls just before it turns itself off anybody else noticed this?.
Samsung need to fix quickly(not holding my breath)has phone is now useless after a year of no problems.
0 Likes
Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options
I have been running it on safe mode but as soon as I try to make a call it restarts
thejon
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for that.it looks like running in safe mode makes no difference then.
It didn't do it yesterday the first day in a while but I didn't spend much time using phone.
Will just have to see if samsung fix otherwise phone will have to be returned.
vinsam
Explorer
Options
I have the same issues: yesterday was crazy as it restarted 5 times throughout the day!....I have also realised it must restart every night as well as it asks for the password every morning