Original topic:

S21 Poor Sound quality (Video recording), bass in events

(Topic created on: 13-11-2021 03:08 PM)
HTI
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Hi All,

I recently bought 2 S21 5G devices, went to a few events and recorded music. Both phones have sound quality issues when recording loud sounds and mainly Bass. My S9+ didnt have this issue or even older phones. Is there a fix?

Thannks
0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
AndrewL
Options
Galaxy S21 Series

@HTI: When recording loud music at a gig or event, the quality can largely depend on the acoustics of the venue, and your position in the room. If you're outdoors, the same can be said of where you're stood in relation to the speaker setup. If you're looking for improved audio quality in these instances then you may wish to invest in an external mic. On the S21 itself, try heading to Settings > Sounds and Vibration > Sound Quality and Effects > Equaliser, and having a play around with the settings here. You could also head to the Gallery app > Tap the 3 lines in the bottom right > Videos > Select the relevant video > Tap the pencil symbol to enter Editing Mode > Scroll to the right and tap the musical note > Video Volume, and move the slider to the left to reduce the volume, and the intensity of any bass distortion you may have captured. 

0 Likes
HTI
First Poster
Options
Galaxy S21 Series
Hi Andrew, thabks for your response. There were pther friends with us with older phones both Iphone and Samsung. Non had the same issue and we were standing in the same place. I will hace a look through the settings advise. Thanks for your help
0 Likes