Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 poor signal strength

(Topic created on: 25-02-2021 08:45 PM)
mozzy
Pioneer
Options
I've just upgraded to the s21 from the s10. Problem is that I now only get 1 bar showing on the signal strength most of the time (including home). On the s10 it was on 3 bars most of the time using the same network and SIM. If I swap the SIM card back to the s10 I get 3 bars showing again 

I have tried resetting the network, a hard reboot, changing to SIM tray 2 but all to no avail. Anyone else experienced this/any ideas or is this device faulty??

191 REPLIES 191
Melissa76
Journeyman
Options

I agree! This phone is *****! The signal is worse than my old Motorola phone that is 5 years old! I am beyond p*ssed I got this stupid brand! Samsung should be ashamed of how cr*ppy the signal is. The only nice thing about this phone are the picture qualities... big deal! This is the worse phone I have ever gotten and I hate that I'm stuck with the ***** thing!

Melissa76
Journeyman
Options

I agree. I'm beyond furious at how horrible my s21 phone is. I had an emergency and couldn't even get signal for help, it kept telling me I wasn't connected to a network provider. My 5 year old Motorola was way better, this upgrade was a pure downgrade and I'm furious I'm stuck paying on this

Melissa76
Journeyman
Options

I will never recommend the s21 and will make sure to tell others to NOT get a samsung s21, plus I will be leaving my opinion on every site that has reviews for this phone.  I have never had a phone as bad as this one. I can't believe with all the technology out there, that this phone was and is a pure downgrade. This issue needs to be fixed asap. And yes I went through and did everything that was suggested to make my signal better, then I was told to get a third party signal booster! That doesn't help when I'm not at home nor M I spending more money to fix what samsung should be fixing. I'm stuck with this phone ND can't get a different one now unless I pay... I have Verizon 

SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
My S20 Plus had much better network performance. The S21 is a joke. My last Samsung purchase.
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
We do have the option of taking class action against Samsung if we could get a legal representative. @Samsung are you listening now?!
Tippee
Journeyman
Options

If anyone can find a lawyer that would take it on, I'm happy to jump on this also. 

I'm stuck with a very expensive phone for two years now and Samsung get away with it, they should be held accountable

SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
I think we would need to try and reach out to get a good idea of how many customers have the issue. I imagine that some law firms would be prepared to do no win, no fee if we can identify enough affected customers.
BB814
First Poster
Options

Since I bought my phone through Samsung and not my carrier; I called the customer support and got them to refund my money for the S21+Ultra and apply a credit towards a Note20 Ultra.  This works much better but still weaker than my Note10.  My best guess:  

Everyone wants a phone that battery lasts 3days so they made the antenna weaker in the new phones; and went overboard on the S21 series 

0 Likes
the12evil
First Poster
Options

Same issue, I hate this 

0 Likes
SALR
First Poster
Options
Same issue here. I have found that changing to 2g-3g means my signal goes from 1 bar to 3-4 bars. My S8 was much better, the S21 feels like a massive downgrade.
0 Likes