Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 poor battery life

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 10:20 PM)
megaC
Explorer
Options
Just received my s21 on Thursday 18th March, been using it for a few days. i've not even got all my apps setup, only downloaded. And have found the battery drains fast. 
Faster than my 3.5 year old pixel 2 xl. Which is odd. That this old phone with a smaller battery and more pixels lasts longer.
Is this an issue with exynos SoC? This is my first Samsung Android phone and so far I am not impressed.

3hrs 46mins screen on time, 29% battery remaining.
I am using the phone in 60hz. Bluetooth is off, adaptive brightness for the screen. I don't have it really bright, dark mode is set. WiFi is on(I am at home most of the time), 4g and mobile data enabled(i don't have 5g calling plan), no dynamic lockscreen/wallpaper.

What are you getting on on your s21?
Can I return the phone to Samsung if I am not happy? It was bought directly from Samsung online shop.
(UK version s21, Grey, 256GB,)

Added screenshot to show latest OS update installed.
0 Likes
24 REPLIES 24
Mattbmcr
Apprentice
Options
I've had mine for nearly two weeks. battery is poor. apps started crashing tonight. I'm returning it. it's a shocking phone
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
seems like everyone is experiencing crashes tonight.
0 Likes
Aryan08
Explorer
Options
Hello Mega C, I can't figure out the problem and I am not experiencing the issue since I have a note 10, I know a lot of people experiencing this issue also overheating. I strongly recommend this youtube channel for guides and tutorials. Fo this case I will leave the link below specific to your issue

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=J0snOimZKzU
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I ended up doing factory reset tonight to try fix battery drain. it's the latest update AUBB your not the only one. others are having issues too.
0 Likes
megaC
Explorer
Options
keep us posted on this, if a factory reset helps...
gona be a pain. I spent an age putting icons on home screen and setting up folders for the apps the way I want it. guessing there is a backup to samsung cloud for this somewhere though.?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Your battery looks fine. Adaptive screen brightness is worse than a fixed brightness, you've had over a days run time with 4h SoT time with nearly 30% left. If a lot of that time was updating and installing apps, then it's pretty decent. After s few days it looks like your phone should be doing 8h+ SoT easy. If you aren't gaming much then 120hz adaptive may be better to use than standard 60hz. What most people don't realise is the adaptive refresh goes lower than 60hz standard and actually reduces power usage more often so the gains of 60hz are typically not that great or none at all.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
you can back up with smart switch but restoring data can cause battery drain. I restore my messages... contacts and pictures and music.. everything else I've done manually. it is a pain in the ***** but I've done it now.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
after device care/battery learns usage you'll see an increase hopefully.
0 Likes
megaC
Explorer
Options
the apps were all installed on Thursday night. so it's been a few days (screenshot from today). ive been holding off setting up banking apps amongst a few others, so still using these on my old pixel2xl.
will try the adaptive refresh if that's the case, I don't do any games on my phone.
0 Likes