Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Plus is warm

(Topic created on: 28-04-2022 11:05 AM)
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Hi all,

I've got a new phone the S21 Plus. It seems to be warm. Should I be worried? Are Samsung going to reduce the heat in an update at some point?

Many thanks.
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @Jammy97  Is is warm generally  and not just after charging?  Sometimes can happen if there are a lot of processes running and an be caused by 3rd party apps.  Firstly I would advise you to wipe the cache partition.

1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key 
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.

Once this is complete also run the Galaxy Apps Booster available via Good Guardians.

If  this does not solve it idea to run in safe Mode where only the stock Apps will run,press and hold power button  and then press and hold and then press and hold the Power off icon  and tap on Safe Mode.   If do not have same issue may well be 3rd party app problem. 

Some advice here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/is-there-something-wrong-with-my-samsung-mobile-de... 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

AndrewL
Options

@Jammy97: Unless you see a notification to inform you that your phone is overheating, then please be assured that your S21 is fine, as some overheating is to be expected under certain circumstances. To find out more, please follow the link below. 

Is there something wrong with my Samsung mobile device if it often gets hot? | Samsung UK

Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Hi @JAMES4578,

It's warm when I'm touching the device. But should it be warm? When charging again It's warm. When I play games it gets warmer but then cooler once I'm not touching the device.

Yes, I've done clear cache and rebooted phone.

May try the safe mode.

I did a test called 3DMark and the temperature had a maximum at 42°C, which is fine I think.

Thanks.
Jammy97
Navigator
Options
Hi @AndrewL
I haven't had the overheating notification yet which is good. But the phone surely shouldn't be warm - should it? 🤷‍♂️
There is no link below...?

Thanks.
0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
There are certainly some circumstance where the device will get a bit hot such as charging and power intensive apps.

Think this is the link @AndewL was referring to. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/is-there-something-wrong-with-my-samsung-mobile-de...

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

Thank you @JAMES4578. Please can you confirm if you are able to see the hyperlink in my previous post? It should say 'Is there something wrong with my Samsung mobile device if it often gets hot? | Samsung UK', (underlined, and highlighted in blue, just above my banner signature). 

0 Likes
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Hi @AndrewL sorry, the hyperlink is showing on the website but apparently still not working on Samsung Members (for me anyway) which I was using the last time.   All I see is the words in the link in plain text, nothing to click on.

AndrewL
Options

@JAMES4578: Thank you for checking that for me. I'll make sure to raise it with the IT guys. 

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Ok that is fine Andrew, thank you.