Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Plus Battery Drainage

(Topic created on: 09-03-2021 09:03 AM)
AlexGuitar94
Journeyman
Options

Hi all.

New to Samsung, got my first S21+ the other day and loving it so far. Only snag is the battery.

Just now, sat down and scrolling through nothing but Facebook, and it's lost 6% battery. Is this normal for Samsungs? I had a Hawuei P20 Pro before and the battery on that was brilliant. 

Also i had no other apps in the background open, as a test. I do have the 120Hz refresh rate though. Could that be draining the battery? 

TIA 

14 REPLIES 14
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
When did you get the phone? First week or so always worst when it comes to battery life because the phone is learning usage patterns and trying to adapt battery life based on phones usage.
0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
Samsung A series generally have better battery life than S series. After 2 days heavy usage on my phone it is normally on around 50% but I use Samsung A51 5g.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
that's interesting I just got a s21 U so hopefully that will boost battery
0 Likes
RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Is that a thing? I'm searching and searching for things that are destroying my battery life. I regularly have both sims hovering around between 0 or 2 bars my main can at times hit 4 bars.
0 Likes
Mtm1401
Navigator
Options
yea that will kill any phone, get on WiFi if you can and turn on WiFi calling. If you've got 2 Sims, set one to 3g and use your main one for LTE/5G
0 Likes