Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Plus Battery Drainage

(Topic created on: 08-03-2021 02:27 PM)
AlexGuitar94
Journeyman
Options

Hi all.

New to Samsung, got my first S21+ the other day and loving it so far. Only snag is the battery.

Just now, sat down and scrolling through nothing but Facebook, and it's lost 6% battery. Is this normal for Samsungs? I had a Hawuei P20 Pro before and the battery on that was brilliant. 

Also i had no other apps in the background open, as a test. I do have the 120Hz refresh rate though. Could that be draining the battery? 

TIA 

14 REPLIES 14
pigeonfly
Navigator
Options
hi, I've seen a few post on here about your problem, some are saying it's because Google play is always running in back ground, try putting some apps to sleep if you don't use them regularly, also switch to dark mode this actually saves quite a bit. I have the s20fe and that's what I've done and easily get up to 9 hour of life. also I do think it's a Samsung thing I can be fully charged at 100% and as soon as I unlock my phone it'll say 97. bottom line I wouldn't let it bother you if your device is doing everything you want 👌
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
samsungs just generally don't have the best battery life, I had an iPhone 11 Pro before that and the battery was amazing, my s20 is terrible, have just purchased an S21 U hopefully that will make a difference, on the s20 I get 5 hours screen time with 60hz which is very poor, samsungs do tend to lose the first 3 % quickly then they settle down, also if the phone is new like yesterday it will be getting used to usage patterns , for a s21 plus with 120hz on I would expect between 6 and 7 hours screen on time
Steveak
Explorer
Options
have you done all the latest updates? I know the last couple have improved my battery life
AlexGuitar94
Journeyman
Options
All done I imagine. Unless there's something another update due.

Screenshot_20210308-083543_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
AlexGuitar94
Journeyman
Options
Thanks for the advice. Getting used to Samsung all round at the moment lol
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I love it got so many good features and the screens are awesome 👌
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
from your screenshot you have 1 bar of 4g. that will drain the hell out of your battery.
0 Likes
ForeCetic
Explorer
Options
I'm getting really good battery on my s21 ultra...if I were you and you want more battery I would maybe set up a bixby routine where the refresh rate will automatically go down for apps that don't need it..very handy

Screenshot_20210308-120430_Device care_3049.jpg

0 Likes
Murphmrm
Pathfinder
Options
a lot of folk had this issue when they used the smart switch app apparently. manually check all your settings and put unused apps to sleep
0 Likes