Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Plus 5G Restarting

(Topic created on: 06-02-2022 12:18 PM)
Kazuko
Journeyman
Options
So I sent my phone in for repair just over a week ago for it constantly restarting. 
I ran all the steps from turning if off and back on through to factory reset. Didn't fix the issue. Samsung determined it was a power problem. And sent it back. 

Just over a week later I'm getting the same issues again. Has anyone actually manage to get this fixed??
9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

That's not good @Kazuko 

Can you try Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-to-start-my-galaxy-device-in-safe-mode/ but if it does not stop in this then your probably going to raise another repair request Unfortunately.

I wish all the best. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Kazuko
Journeyman
Options
Yeah I put it in safe mode and idk. I have it rescheduled to go back in next week. I just hope they can sort it, I rely on my phone for work
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

These phone's become part of our daily life structure so I appreciate how important it is to have it working as it should.

Who originally supplied the phone to you @Kazuko  ?

0 Likes
Kazuko
Journeyman
Options
I got it on release as an upgrade through Tesco mobile. I had it repaired by Samsung though because of being covered under warranty. Should be the same this time. I've only had it just over a year
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Samsung will definitely look after you @Kazuko as a phone is covered by a 24 month manufacturers warranty although this does not cover accidental damage.

However Tesco Mobile as the supplier of the phone have a duty of care too to look after you.

Take a look at Consumer-rights-act-2015. 

This isn't something you'd broach with Samsung UK but instead with Tesco.

That said let's hope the secondary fix resolves this for you @Kazuko 

0 Likes
Kazuko
Journeyman
Options
Fortunately this doesn't at least seem like accidental damage. This is no damage externally. Never been exposed to liquid damage and the phone was all in otherwise perfect shape when I passed it to the engineers. It seems like a hardware issue and most likely a power issue once again. My friend and I believe it may be over surging but hey, I'm not the phone expert 😅
I'll have to see what they say next week.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I'm in no way suggesting it's accidentally damaged @Kazuko I assure you.👍

Just that if another member comes across this thread it's valuable information in regards to what the manufacturers warranty wouldn't cover.

I'm not a mobile phone engineer in any form either but if this was what you think it is I'd assume the engineer would comment as such on the work sheet.

As I say Samsung will be willing to help albeit ultimately Tesco Mobile are the seller of the phone. You can see what I mean by this via the link I've given.

Would you let us know how you get on with your situation please ?

All the best.  😎

0 Likes
Lilo88
Explorer
Options
It's a common issue with the s21 line. I have the ultra too and mine is also doing it constantly. Wish I'd never bothered
0 Likes
robbedhondt
Journeyman
Options

I bought a samsung galaxy s21 fe 5g at Elgiganten, Stockholm. After a few weeks, I started having issues with the phone freezing and restarting.

After trying to find a solution myself (Clearing cache, factory reset, ... nothing worked) I was suggested to send the phone to a service center by Elgiganten. After 2 weeks, the phone was returned and they stated they did a factory reset and nothing was wrong with the phone. They also said not to use the transfer of apps from my old phone (which I didn't do in the first place). After using it for a couple of days, the same issues appeared. Freezing, restarting, up to 5-10 times a day.

I filed a lot of errors in the Samsung Members app, they replied "Based on the information in the submitted error report, it is demonstrated that there is a perceived hardware error on the device. In these cases, you, unfortunately, need to visit the nearest service workshop to have a service technician look at the device. You can either contact mcare sweden directly or contact the retailers who offer service to a certain extent."

So, I went to mcare, who told me the only thing they can do is do a factory reset, run some videos and see if the errors appear. They don't have access to the Error reports I have been filing to the Samsung Members app. If they don't find anything "wrong" after the factory reset + running videos, they could not help me AND I would have to pay for this "Service". I didn't want to risk this (after the first service center claimed nothing was wrong), so I tried a factory reset at home, ran videos for a couple of days and nothing happened to the phone. I thought, ok, maybe it is fixed (for some weird reason). But as soon as I log in to my google account; install some of apps, the phone is again unworkable. Same issue: freezing and restarting

I CAN NOT USE THIS PHONE. SOMETIMES IT'S STUCK IN LOOPS OF FREEZING AND RESTARTING FOR 30 MINUTES OR MORE ONLY TO HAVE THE SAME ISSUE AGAIN A FEW HOURS LATER.

How is it possible that you know and confirmed there is something wrong with my phone, and you don't want to help me. 

I can't do anything with this phone and you and your partnered service center (who for some weird reason don't have access to your error reports?!) are not doing anything. Horrible service!

0 Likes