Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 plus 5g - 'greyed out service bars'/no mobile network after screen replacement HELP!!

(Topic created on: 23-12-2021 04:13 PM)
Ztpdx
First Poster
Options

So i replaced my screen after it suddenly just went black on me after charging it overnight. Asurion wanted a $220 deductible and they didnt have any s21's in stock so i would be waiting without a phone for who knows. I went on ebay and found an oem lcd screen for $200 and replaced it when i got it. Now, i have  "greyed out" service bars and no mobile network detected. 😑 i know my sim card works fine because i put it into any other phone and i have service and data and everything. I tried swapping over antennas from my old lcd to the new one and even with the correct tri wing bit, the screws stripped out. I had to carefully dremel the screws down and pull the antennas out. I successfully pulled the old antenna from the old lcd except for breaking the first screw hole connector, i noticed it has a tiny square connection that is gold in color and has 4 sections. Not sure if that is important, and do these screw holes need to be connected to the metal they are held down to? For a ground or something? If so i was going to solder the holes down because there are now shaved off screws in place of where they should be held down at. I am hoping i just need to reinstall some firmware or something. Ill order a new antenna as soon as i get my paycheck. Sorry if i lost anyone ill post a picture of the "greyed out bars".

Screenshot_20211222-221934_Chrome.jpg

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
smithy602179
Explorer
Options
Have u tried turning off WiFi calling and see if the bars come back on .
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
That can show when the SIM card has not been authenticated
0 Likes
N1NJATH3ORY
Voyager
Options
Who put the screen in for you ? Sounds like they didn't connect the GSM antenna. Only way you can find out is by opening the phone up and checking it's connected take your phone back to who ever installed the screen for you! That's your only option.
0 Likes