Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Overnight Battery Drain

(Topic created on: 18-12-2021 01:44 PM)
mmtech
Navigator
Options

I have seen battery drain overnight in S21 even if you have restricted everything still 10-15% battery drains in 8 hours. When checked in Battery & Device care it shows

Google Play Store : 0.7%

Gmail: 0.2%

one UI: 0.2%

This total is around 1% then where remaining battery goes ?

This is really weird, is there a way to find out what else is draining battery taking 14% battery overnight?

Also i kept phone in Safe Mode overnight just to be sure no hidden third party app drains battery but result is still the same 12% battery drain.

I have been pixel and iphone user in past but never seen more than 5% battery drain overnight. Is battery used is cheap quality or poor wiring.

Any one else facing it ?

36 REPLIES 36
Nat2202
First Poster
Options

I had the Huawei P30 and the battery lasted two days before needing charging.  I am a heavy user on the phone.  

I got the Samsung S21 and it needs charged 2-3 times a day.

I woke up with it being at 100%. I got to work having only looked at Facebook and emails briefly and the phone after 1 hour was at 69%. 

I was under the impression this was a faulty phone, but it seems everyone on S21 is experiencing the same issue.  Would avoid. Once thie contract is up, will be avoiding Samsung phones.  This one does not do it justice.

For writing this comment alone had taken 4% off it.

0 Likes
valenp
First Poster
Options

I solved it by turning off "Nearby device scanning"

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
This issue has become even worse now. Battery draining 25% overnight even after applying all options mentioned in this thread.
0 Likes
kasam1640
Student
Options
Mine has increased to about 10-15% i suspect the updates play a role in it aswell
0 Likes
Samarth Suthar
First Poster
Options

I had same problem, battery used to drain 10 to 15 % at night.

I tried airplane mode at night.

Got only 2 % drop at first day and on second day , battery didn't drain a single percentage

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
My battery performance improved after I turned of dynamic wallpaper
0 Likes
xvavx
First Poster
Options

I've been reading this thread today trying to find answers to why my Note 20 Ultra has been losing about 20% battery per hour. It's ridiculous, the amount of battery that it drains. I have no push notifications, I have nothing that would be wasting battery like this. A simple commute from home to work, which takes around 15 minutes, easily drops from 100% to 90%, even when my phone is just in my pocket.

I can't get my signal to be higher than 2 bars at all times. When I was on vacation last month, I was unable to use any data nor have a signal, and guess what... my phone lasted 3 days even after checking some notifications with random Wi-Fi networks.

Sometimes I miss my old S8+ that used to tell me how much battery the system was using. I really think it's the 4G, but I've tried to change to 3G only or even 5G and the drain is about the same. I've been a client of Vodafone my whole life, but I start to think that their antennas are awful. Doesn't matter where I am, the signal is always 2 bars max. Yes, I've changed SIM slots, and it's the exact same thing.

I've used my phone for a total of 30 minutes today, 15 on Instagram and about 15 on X (Twitter), and I'm currently sitting at 37%. I've lost 3% battery since I started typing this, and I'm doing it on the PC 💀; my phone is just off beside me.

0 Likes