Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 overheating

(Topic created on: 03-08-2021 07:33 PM)
daniiee
Apprentice
Options
Has anyone else experienced they're s21 overheating ? Videocalls  and just in general? And a bit laggy?
7 REPLIES 7
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Heating is normal when the device is in use, espically video calls. Try closing apps and turning off features that aren't required relieve the stress on the CPU. Bare in mind there are no vents to vent the air out, so the internal cooling will move the hot air away from the CPUand other integrals to the edges of the device, if I'm honest the device becoming hot means the cooling system is doing its job. Overheating would be classed as the device shutting down to prevent damage to the device. This would be classed as overheating.
daniiee
Apprentice
Options
Okay perfect as everything is turned off apart from WiFi it heats up on back beside camera a lot when in use and especially video calls was just wondering if was normal as a few people who have same phone, haven't had this problem that's all :smiling-face: but um sure if it was the phone would shut itself off ot give me a warning which it hasn't 😀
BaxteruK
Navigator
Options
Yeah, heating is normal, think of it like a laptop or PC, the heavier the task the hotter the laptop gets and the fan works harder. It's the same concept except the cooling system of your phone moves heat up and down the device and does take a little bit of time to cool down, but it's normal.
daniiee
Apprentice
Options
Thank-you I was panicking it was funked x
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Phones to heat up no doubt but yeh I tend to not overload tasks on a mobile phone thank goodness for my MacBook 2020 pro. Looool. but given s21 regular is base model hit s21+ and ultra handles more capability. Just don't worry u got this
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
All phones get warm depending on what your doing so it depends how hot and what your doing, my s21 only overheated once when I powershared with another phone that had a case on, other than that never had issue, but if I'm watching a hdr you tube it will get warm, same with camera and heavy loading but it's pretty normal
daniiee
Apprentice
Options
Thanks everyone xx