Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 overheating

(Topic created on: 09-06-2021 11:03 AM)
DarrenLay
Apprentice
Options

My samsung keeps overheating whenever i go to use video call done all the diagnostics that ee have asked me to had the phone replaced but still keeps happening on thd second one clearly there is an issue with thd hardware thats built into the s21 series

9 REPLIES 9
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
I've experienced this on a call using the signal app
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
same ..sent mine back to samsung for full refund ..S21 ultra..For £1329 just not good enough from Samsung
DarrenLay
Apprentice
Options
itz being sent back to samsung for them to have a look at but personally they all need recalling back theres clearly a major fault with the type of phone seen alot of posts and comments about it
SK00S21Ultra
Pioneer
Options
Same here, the Feb update didn't make any significant difference, it still gets fairly hot when using video camera, the update actually made my phone less smooth, it now stutter a bit, the start up is also a tad slower now. I'm returning it today!
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
I'm also having overheating issues when I video call and use the multi window for more than 10minutes
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options

Samsung just told me "We are unaware of any issue related to this".....despite many people reporting it on forums and to them directly

0 Likes
DarrenLay
Apprentice
Options
they dont want to admit to defeat they tried to fob me off today before carrier picks up the phone saying it could be apps using too much battery usage yet my j6 can handle the apps i use which are only the basic ones like messenger and whatsapp
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

I can confirm this issue still exists.

There are no apps under Battery & Device care as I have not opened any apps.

• Temperature : 29.0 C.
  • Put phone on samsung 9watt wireless pad. Good Charging speed.
  • Watch after 15 min. Temp will be between 37.0 C - 40.0 C
  • Charging speed reduces to extreme slow and takes double time to full charge.

Another scenario.

1. Pick phone and do normal browsing on google.
  2. After 15 min temperature will be above 37.0 C

Is it because S21 has plastic back so heat is absorbed rather than dissipation?

0 Likes