Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Overheating - Samsung "unaware" of any issue.

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 09:16 PM)
Rik07
Pioneer
Options

I have cumulatively spent multiple hours dealing with over heating issues on the new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (recieved on the 28th of January 2021).

I primarly use my phone for video calling and have found the device to heat up uncomfortably and crash multi-windows, after only 10 minutes of use.

I only ever have a couple of applications open. My brightness has been below 20%. It has been out of direct sunlight. It has had the latest software updates. I have reset all of my settings, and performed "soft resets".

Samsung has suggested the issue is with 3rd party apps (WhatsApp and Facebook), and recommended that I exchange my phone case to their £50 ones on their website (despite not being able to explain why their case was better than my current one). Howver, the issue is also prevelant without the case.

They have claimed that they are "unaware" of any similar overheating issues, despite multiple posts on the Samsung Community that seem to illustrate the contrary. I have also been left hanging by customer service by almost a week and had to prompt them multiple times.

this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos. https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.

20 REPLIES 20
IlonaB
First Poster
Options
So far it only happened using Zoom video conference application.
0 Likes
sh00
First Poster
Options

Hi there!

I had all the same problems as you with my new S21.  My s21 would heat up no matter what even when I was doing the same things as I would on my old S8, which would not heat up at all. I tried doing everything but my phone was still heating up until I tried to turn off 5G (Notifications panel > power saving mode settings > Turn off 5G). After I turned it off, my phone stopped heating up to dangerously high temperatures. I suggest you try to turn off 5G and see how it goes (I know its sucks when 5G is in the name of the phone...lol) All the best!

Rik07
Pioneer
Options
hi i have return the phone and asked for a refund, thank you though!
0 Likes
azfr
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem with s21 Exynos since bought it. It is a shame for Samsung not responding to the complaints. 

0 Likes
Widy31
First Poster
Options

Yeah my phone have same issue as yours. Video calling for at least above 5 minutes my phone getting hot. And if i minimize the video call (picture-to-picture) it'll force close. My phone is samsung s21 plus 5G by the way. The latest samsung s series ever happen this problem. It sucks.

Ashb1
First Poster
Options

Same is happening to mine...this is the 2nd phone I received and they both had/have overheating issues. This phone is a joke I can only use part time...rest of time it's cooling down. 

0 Likes
Ashb1
First Poster
Options

Same is happening to mine...this is the 2nd phone I received both with overheating issues. This phone is a joke as I can only use it part time...rest of the time is spent cooling down and charging. Really wish I never bought this phone.

0 Likes
Ashb1
First Poster
Options

First one I used smart switch, 2nd one I did not. Factory reset First one it did not resolve the overheating and poor battery. 2nd phone same. I have had to set up my phone 3 times. Still having issues. Samsung does not care. I can not go another 2 weeks with out my phone. Sadly I will be trashing this one and purchasing a Google phone 

0 Likes
Ashb1
First Poster
Options

Yes mine does...I hate hate hate this phone 

0 Likes
Ashb1
First Poster
Options

They refused to give me a refund...I'm going every where I can to warn others about this trash phone.

0 Likes