Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Overheating - Samsung "unaware" of any issue.

(Topic created on: 17-02-2021 08:03 AM)
Rik07
Pioneer
Options

I have cumulatively spent multiple hours dealing with over heating issues on the new Samsung Galaxy S21 5G (recieved on the 28th of January 2021).

I primarly use my phone for video calling and have found the device to heat up uncomfortably and crash multi-windows, after only 10 minutes of use.

I only ever have a couple of applications open. My brightness has been below 20%. It has been out of direct sunlight. It has had the latest software updates. I have reset all of my settings, and performed "soft resets".

Samsung has suggested the issue is with 3rd party apps (WhatsApp and Facebook), and recommended that I exchange my phone case to their £50 ones on their website (despite not being able to explain why their case was better than my current one). Howver, the issue is also prevelant without the case.

They have claimed that they are "unaware" of any similar overheating issues, despite multiple posts on the Samsung Community that seem to illustrate the contrary. I have also been left hanging by customer service by almost a week and had to prompt them multiple times.

this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos. https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.

20 REPLIES 20
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
just completed a factory reset (the last suggestion tech support had to offer), the issue is still present.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes there has been several posts from people experiencing similar issues to you @Rik07 

The issue is pin pointing what's causing this.

Some have experienced this due to using Smartswitch to move their files over from their previous phone.

I prefer to use Samsung Cloud and then install my apps from the library in the Playstore.

Or their actual back up file might be causing this.

A good troubleshooting tip is to factory reset and set up as a new phone i.e don't use any back ups and then see what happens.

Here are some generic troubleshooting tips …

Put the phone in Safe Mode which disables your downloaded app's but let's your stock app's keep working. If the issues stop then this highlights a downloaded app as the possible issue. Come out of Safe Mode and start deleting your most recent downloaded app's one at a time until it stops. 

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. 

If the issue then continues even when the phone is set up as a new phone then personally I'd request a swap.

Oh and in some instances a big heavy case i.e lots of rubber etc can hinder heat dissipation from the phone but one isn't required to have to buy an official Samsung Case as there lots out there that are really good.

I wish you all the best with this. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
I have used smartswitch, then reset the phone and used cloud backups, the issue is still there

and the issue occurs with and without the case
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos.

https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.
0 Likes
IlonaB
First Poster
Options
just experiences the same issue of overheating. it was really hot to touch. Never experienced any of my phones to do that and I'm using Samsung original Cover.

this is trully concerning, especially from SAR perspective.

happened through using Zoom call with all other apps closed and night mode on.

will see what customers service is to say.
0 Likes
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just for some clarity @IlonaB are you using an Exynos or Snapdragon soc version  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
hi, does it close/crash any features if the phone gets too hot?
i am waiting for a replacement. if that is faulty too, the new OnePlus 9 is launching soon 🙂
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
hi, i was talking to a customer service representative yesterday, and he mentioned that all S1 5G (standard models) come with exynos, irrespective of region/market.
0 Likes
v4u
First Poster
Options

Same issue here, please refer to link for more details with screenshots

https://photos.app.goo.gl/gXA2h4wEAJvH45ke6

0 Likes