Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 overheating and slow wireless charging

(Topic created on: 09-06-2021 09:37 AM)
mmtech
Navigator
Options
My phone reaches around 40 degree within 15 min of phone use.
Same with Samsung wireless charger. After 15 min of wireless charging. Temp is 40 degrees and then extremely slow charging. It shows 2 hours 40 min for full charges but actually charges full in 5 hours. Very very bad experience.
26 REPLIES 26
mmtech
Navigator
Options

Have completely charged phone wirelessly in safe mode. It was showing 2 hours 40 min to full charge but actually took 4 hours to complete. So either issue with samsung phone or samsung wireless pad. But for sure its samsung.

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
Took phone out for travel and within 10 min use. Temp is reaching 40 degree Celsius. Samsung saying 37 to 43 degree Celsius is completely normal. Battery backup is screwed due to phone reaching 40 degree Celsius. Haha what a joke.
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
Why battery drain overnight 10% in 8 hours. When it's in DND and everything is off? Even if I put it in safe mode overnight still 10% battery gone in 8 hours why?
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options
WhatsApp call for 30 min and my phone reaches from 30 degree Celsius to 40 Degree Celcius.

But my friends moto phone reaches from 30 degree celcius to 34 degree Celsius in WhatsApp call.
We both have same apps and settings. I believe some waste background processes are run by Samsung which cause overheating and battery drain.

Why such overheating issues only with Samsung flagship phones?
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

I think no one has a solution to this. Samsung says send phone for repair or else send wireless charger for repair. They know nothing about why phone takes 4 hour 30 min in safe mode to charge phone wirelessly.

mmtech
Navigator
Options

After June 2021 update the battery performance is improved but still 

Overheating remains when on whatsapp call. within 15 min call temperature reaches from 28 degree Celsius to 39 degree Celsius.

And wireless charging have became even worse now. Within 5 min the temp goes above 35 degree Celsius and then extreme slow charging.

What have you done samsung?

0 Likes
Debabrat
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same problem with my S21 ULTRA, After wireless charging for 40 minutes I picked up the phone from the charging pad, to my surprise the phone was much hot then regular cable charging, I packed up the wireless charging pad which I bought from Samsung and started using the regular cable charger and the phone is charging normally without  any  temperature rise, To my experience wireless charging doesn't work perfectly, power loss is there depending upon the size of the phone cover which in return generates heat

0 Likes