Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 overheating after AUB8 update

(Topic created on: 19-02-2021 07:36 PM)
b3guna
Apprentice
Options

Installed AUB8 update this morning and now phone overheats like crazy. Had battery drain issues on AUB3 update which was fixed in AUB6, but now with this update phone is heating up abnormally even when browsing the web or watching youtube. Anyone else has these same issues?

5 REPLIES 5
mancuk29
Pathfinder
Options
I've updated to AUB9 (UK BTU) not sure if it's the same as yours but my phone is now red hot with normal use 😪 never had a heat issue
KarlaJ
Apprentice
Options
yes. mine did that only when I did on videocalls. had it exchanged- this one is worse, it doesn't even want to do any software update or open to see which one was last software update was, keeps coming as an error. I am very frustrated as it is affecting my work and security for work.
slashingox
Apprentice
Options
same here battery drain not acceptable but phone was hot but gone after restart need to back to AUB6 or improve this update
isko01
Pioneer
Options

Any news aftee AUB9 update? Did your phonene get overheating when using camera?

0 Likes
b3guna
Apprentice
Options

Hi, I think AUB9 update came out only for s21 ultra at the same time when AUB8 launched for s21, so I think they are the same update but for different phones. Anyway, my phone still runs hot as hell when browsing web or doing basicly anything. Posted my issue on xda forum (no replies jet), and checking s21 subreddit to see if anyone else is having these issues. Honestly I am very dissapointed, I mean, I paid like 900€ for this phone and every second update breaks it. Do they even test updates that they are pushing? .. unbelivable.

0 Likes