Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 over heat and cant multi window

(Topic created on: 13-07-2021 06:23 PM)
MoodBren
Apprentice
Options

Dear Samsung, you need to solve this issue. The problem is frustrating and disappointed. 

Imagine you got a new phone expecting it to perform better than your old phone and when you multi task just by whatsapp video call and browsing google chrome. The phone heat up and get super hot to hold it. 

I had been a supporter for samsung. Changing from note to A series to Galaxy S series. 

And yet this S21 is the worst. 

MY GODNESS.

- over heating easily. 

- battery drain super fast. 

-cant multi window for only 10mins video call. This is terrible. 

Please samsung, you need to fix your software update in order to gain back lots of your customer trust in you.

#samsung #s21 #s21+ #samsungmobile. 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Your problem is those are 2 of the worst apps for battery drain and thus create a lot if heat. Look at your battery stats for these apps and you will see what I mean. Most social media apps are not compatible with Android 11 and therein lies the problem. I get over 2 days use in my Ultra.
If you put rubbish fuel in a Ferrari it will run like a bag if nails. The same goes with phones and badly compiled apps.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
As stated above and also if you just got your phone, subsequent updates should sort your heating issues.

The S21 series is like a mixed bag with some like me (touchwood) had minimum issues while others had problems.

Some maybe down to user and usage habits while others could be dodgy apps or just poor quality phones.

Still It's the best phone till date from Samsung in terms of hardware and they software side does need to be finnesed.
0 Likes
MoodBren
Apprentice
Options

If cant use whatsapp video call & google chrome. What should we use ah? Why samsung A71 does not have this rubbish issue. 

The fact is if you create a new phone. You should be accomodating for all apps. Looks like i did not upgrade my phone but downgraded. 

Sad to say. Till today same problem. 

I had update all app and all software

Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
It doesn't work like that, it is up to the app developers to make sure their apps run on Android 11 which is from Google not Samsung. The battery issues with these apps applies to all devices.
0 Likes
sideger
First Poster
Options

I agree with you OP. I could do multi-window with my xiaomi mi 9t pro without it being closed. I often play mobile legends on max settings while on video call and never got it too hot to be uncomfortable. Even facebook while on messenger call was ultra cool before.

I think this is why they are going back to having a vapor chamber cooling.

Good thing I don't game that much on mobile anymore.

0 Likes