Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 notification - Connection to mobile network may result in additional charges

(Topic created on: 30-09-2022 11:33 AM)
gablec13
Explorer
Options

Hello,

For last two months I am using Galaxy S21.

So far I could not find how to remove annoying notification which pops out every time when I loose WiFi connection.

It says

"Connection to mobile network may result in additional charges."

Is there any chance to stop this?

There are option data warning and data limit which will tell me if I have to  worry about my Internet data, I don't need to be reminded 50 times every day about possible additional charges?

Screenshot_20220922-231833_One UI Home.jpg

Thank you in advance.

17 REPLIES 17
gablec13
Explorer
Options

I work on place where are couple of buildings and I walk between them on daily basis, plus going up/down using lift.

If I am using my phone, texting, using Internet, trying to call someone, it is annoying when this notification pops up and I have to wait 5 seconds for it to disappear.

I see it from 20 to 50 times a day.

0 Likes
Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@gablec13 hello, locate the app that is sending this notification and disable it. To do this, go to Settings / Notifications / Recently sent and locate the app. Later you can disable notifications from this app. Greetings.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

gablec13
Explorer
Options

@Ventor, Thank you for your reply.
I tried it previously and just did again. I turned off WiFi, had the unwanted notification, went into Settings / Notifications / Recently sent, and last notification is IMS Service 6 minutes ago.
I tried few times.

I tried turning off notifications for IMS Service, but no luck, taster is grayed.

Phone is unlocked, I bought it online from Singapore, version is SM-G991N (Exynos, 256GB) and I use it in UK on Vodafone.

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@gablec13 I would try to remove permissions from this app, to check if it will continue sending notifications. It is only to test, I do not know if it will affect the correct operation. To do this, Access Settings / Applications and activate Show system apps. Look for the IMS Service app and in Permissions remove permissions like Phone?

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

gablec13
Explorer
Options

SmartSelect_20220929_181236_Settings.jpg

Button "Show notifications" is grayed out.

If I check Deliver quietly , and turn off App icon badges nothing happens.

"Connection to mobile network may result in additional charges" is always here.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I used to have the S21 Ultra and on Vodafone UK and never had that message before

What firmware or version of Android you on?
gablec13
Explorer
Options

The model is SM-G991N. Region: South Korea. Firmware version is G991NKOU3CVH1.

I searched about popup for more than month and I didn't find anyone mentioning it; it can't be only on my phone :).

Was your S21 Ultra with EU/UK firmware version? 

I never changed firmware on any of my phones, but if that is the reason for popup I would like to try it.

0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Mine was a UK version with UK firmware, I would always keep my phone up to date anyway, if for anything security

I would give it a go and see if that fixes it
gablec13
Explorer
Options

As I mentioned I never did it, so have to prepare all tools. I always had phone from Vodafone (once from Orange) and I prefer Samsung One UI over stock Android.

I knew I am buying phone with non-UK firmware, and I thought difference would be only on default language.

Apart from this "Connection to mobile network may result in additional charges", there are some more that I noticed:

- When going for more info in Weather widget page it opens in Korean language. Tried correcting with add-on translator, but page looked ugly. I purchased Weawow weather app. 

I won't disable Samsung weather app as I use Samsung Galaxy phone, and it gets info from Samsung weather app,  but I removed it from Home page, even it looks perfect in my opinion.

- Spam call protection in Samsung Phone application is absent. I haven't got Hiya integrated. I tried Hiya app, but it is not the same. I uninstalled it.

I also tried Google Phone (it has spam protection), but after years on Samsung I can't get used to it.  

- In Settings\About Phone some information (for example Privacy Policy or Regulatory Information) are in Korean.  Customers Services number is in Korea and webpage also. These are not bothering.

Friends wife purchased S21 Plus, should visit them soon. If her phone does not have it then it must be firmware.

@-Robot-

Did you use Android 11 or Android 12 on your S21 Ultra. Could "issue" be there? I bought phone just over two months ago, and updated to Android 12 without trying Android 11. 

0 Likes