Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21+ not updating after it was serviced

(Topic created on: 26-12-2021 06:45 PM)
Fshhh
Explorer
Options

Hi all,

Can you please help me out with something here?

I have an S21+ and it was sent to the shop to have the display changed as I faced the BSOD issue (was doing some scrolling on my phone and suddenly the display turned black for no reason and it never came back on, the phone was on, alarms came in, so did calls, so did notifications but the display was black as a moonless night...) Either way, that is not the actual issue here :)) When I had the phone back it was reset back to factory settings (and also the Android version was downgraded to 11 instead of the 12 one that I was using). Since I got it back I tried several times to check for updates and nothing pops up. Anything I can do to get back on Android 12 now? It was the official firmware I had on the device so nothing done manually before...

Thanks all for your help here :smiling-face:

0 Likes

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Android 12 has been put on hold due to a few issues hopefully it won't be to long for it to be rolling out again 😉

View solution in context

Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
7 REPLIES 7
Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Android 12 has been put on hold due to a few issues hopefully it won't be to long for it to be rolling out again 😉
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, just incase try connecting to a PC with samsung smart thing installed & see if it updates, you have nothing to loose.
Fshhh
Explorer
Options

Hi there,

Done that, no updates...I tried everything I could think about, wipe cache, boot in safe mode, tried via Smart Things :face-with-tears-of-joy:

Fshhh
Explorer
Options

So even though I was on Android 12 before, for the moment there is no official way of updating from 11 to 12?

0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Android 12 has been put on hold, UK BTU CSC says latest update is Android 11, it should resume in a few days.
Solution
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
As others have confirmed, Android 12 has been put on hold and Android 11 is currently the latest OS.

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.