Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 (not ultra) camera is disaster.

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 04:19 PM)
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
Making photos from 1 hour.. I'm about to cry. The camera struggle when make videos .. when u move left or right the screen stuck it doesn't move smoothly.  Photos quality - changed all possible settings they look bad, not bad - terrible. No colors and blurry.. videos are all blurry no matter what u change 4k 8k full HD. I did reset also tried everything. Phone can't handle camera recording in high quality and screen when u move makes videos terrible not smooth. The worst is the colors it has no sharp colors every video or photo looks like very very old phone display with no colors. Do not buy this phone u can't even make a normal photo without being blurry  or what ever. Camera software it's disaster. Every time u turn on the camera automatic start with Zoom in. U have to zoom back always. All those options for UHD or 4k or 8k are useless. They make recording worse. In a room with normal daylight photos have no colors at all. Front face camera is disaster.  It looks like bright white u have to go out on daylight to see your self properly its just terrible. I don't even believe this phone has those specs u see on paper its slow and bad with bad screen , low resolution and terrible camera experience. Any other S version 20, 10 or 9 is better. 
29 REPLIES 29
pickmybrain
Pathfinder
Options
Do you have any examples of images and videos to share with the issues you are experiencing?
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
64mp photo with no filters nothing.

20210207_170607_251.jpg

Gionike
Voyager
Options
I know this might sound silly, but I'll ask anyway, check your lens. is there any film covering it?
0 Likes
Homer666
Journeyman
Options
looks ok
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
There is absolutely nothing on the lens and the phone is brand new. And also when I move camera making videos left and right high quality the camera struggle Not always. U know already phone has terrible resolution and display. On real on this phone this photo looks worse compare to if I send the same photo to any other S version looks better. Same with face camera which is completely different in general and has the same terrible look. Even I tried video call and both cameras are bad.
Gionike
Voyager
Options
I took these in few different settings. they're not bad r they? I know the camera heats up though for dome reason so I'm waiting for an update to fix that

20210205_113753_20283.jpg

20210205_204143_002_20451.jpg

20210205_145748_20285.jpg

20210205_145756_20286.jpg

0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options
If you zoom in, the detail is destroyed on them. Over processed and a mess
Gionike
Voyager
Options
but what are we comparing to? to a DSLR?
0 Likes
Bt32
Voyager
Options
I was comparing to my Nexus 6p today from 2016 and the 6p took better standard photos. Of course Zoom and macro is totally different but standard photos ,my S21U is a mess.