Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 No Sound / Loss of Sound on incoming/outgoing calls after SAMSUNG OTA firmware update

(Topic created on: 17-01-2023 11:10 AM)
padawan31
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

What a weird issue : no sound on calls, either incoming or outgoing. I cannot hear anyone, they cannot hear me either. 

So, I do online, and what a surprise : HUNDREDS of people have the exact same issue after a SAMSUNG firmware update and still no concrete, stable, working solution at all from SAMSUNG on this one. Are you trying to sell Samsung to Elon Musk by breaking everything ? 

Does anyone (and particularly the manufacturer, yes, I'm staring at you) here have a concrete solution ? 

I mean, please, don't advise me to change from SIM 1 to SIM2, clear the Phone app cache, reboot the phone (which by the way works for a random time of hours, so I need to reboot it several times a day) , pray, invoke the Seven Gods, etc. 

Galaxy S21 5G / SM-G99B/DS

Android 13, UI 5.0

G991BXXU5DVL2

Everything worked just fine before the update. Do you guys want some advice on how to developp frameworks in an Agile/SaFE methodoly and maybe integrate non regression tests to your devops chain ??? The question is for you Samsung !

Thanks for your reply, 

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
This is the Samsung Community forum, Samsung isn't here to take your messages right now, please leave a message with our Support team via the members app

P.s Elon musk couldn't afford Samsung

Beeeep
0 Likes
chanlerone
First Poster
Options

+1 

I have the exact same issue. Not sure what update it was, I just unwrapped my brand new phone two weeks ago, did the necessary updates (3 in a row) and started using it. In a world where no one calls eachother anymore I did not notice this immediately, however after a few days I was bored while driving, started to call someone and was unable to hear the other side. Recieving party used a different number to call me back, nothing. Used my private SIM (using duo SIM - need to test if using only one remains working), nothing. Restarted my phone, problem solved.
One day later, problem is back, restart does the trick.

I returned my phone to the shop, they exchanged the mainboard and called it fixed, but problem just got back.

So now I start to think this is indeed a software/firmware problem. 

@padawan31 do you use duo SIM?

0 Likes
Jaybee360
Voyager
Options
Another update has been pushed by the looks of it. DWA4
0 Likes
padawan31
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Yes I use on a daily basis with work.

I don't know if that comes from the DS ..

0 Likes
padawan31
First Poster
Options

Unfortunately, the last update did not solve anything.

Any tips anyone?

0 Likes