Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Message and other notifications sounds stopped working

(Topic created on: 06-02-2023 06:22 PM)
sam-boss260
First Poster
Options

Notification sounds for Samsung Messages and some other apps have stopped working all of a sudden.

So when I get a text message, the banner comes up and the phone vibrates but no "ding". The same with one or two apps where they used to have a sound notification.

And the Samsung keyboard has stopped making the typing sound when you type, it only vibrates.

Have checked, volume settings everywhere and they are set accordingly. The Notification Sound on the apps are set for Sound and Vibrate. Have cleared caches and still nothing...

Please help !!

9 REPLIES 9
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you tried a soft reboot by turning the phone Off and On @sam-boss260  ?

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
AliciaBayley
Journeyman
Options
My note 20 is playing up aswell. No option to change sounds for each app as prev on my note9. Makes my phone unusable as I'm not getting to messages in time as wrong tone
0 Likes
Daisy465
First Poster
Options

I'm having this exact same issue!! All other sounds work, just not the notification sounds. Phone will vibrate and the pop up will show up, but no sound. I've tried EVERYTHING. All settings, all cache wipes, settings reset and even a full factory reset as advised by tech support. Nothing!

0 Likes
Autumnrose
First Poster
Options

I'm having the exact same problem. Had anyone identified the source of the problem or solutions to the issue?

0 Likes
gablec13
Explorer
Options

I started having the same problem on S21. I also tried everything.

No sound notification for SMS, emails, Whatsap, Viber, Calendar...

When I go to Setting - Notification sound, whatever sound I choose it is silent.  Volume works.

My phone worked better on Android 12 and last Samsung update messed it even more.

gablec13
Explorer
Options

If I go to Setting, and touch slider for ringtone or media, and I touch notification slider after that I can hear the notification sound once, so it is not hardware problem, not some buzzer, second speaker or something that is broken. It is bad Samsung software, bloatware that does not allow basic phone functions to works.

0 Likes
gablec13
Explorer
Options
0 Likes
gablec13
Explorer
Options

I'm 100% sure reason is Samsung ***** software.

I found hundreds threads on Internet related to the same problem, and offered solutions do not work.

Problem for me started after installing Februar update.

One of updates few years ago killed my Samsung S7. It already was my spare phone, so I didn't care much, but now having new and half usable phone is not something I will forgive.

For me it means bye to Samsung, no more Samsung phones, TVs, tablets, fridges, etc. No single penny from me will go to Samsung. I'll search for more reliable manufacturer, which cares about customers.

Things are even worse for some, watch this:

0 Likes
Hadi_ahmad
First Poster
Options

I have bought samsung s21 just a month ago and now it has stopped notification sound. All other sounds work just notification sound is not working. I think this issue starts after the latest software update from samsung. If someone have any solution to this issue please let me know. Thanks 

0 Likes