Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 make notifications one of your music files

(Topic created on: 12-03-2021 01:19 PM)
Scott111
Pioneer
Options
To put music so you can set it for text messages you need to first open files up. Then go to music and press of the music you want. Then press back to the list. Now open android then open media. Then open com.googleandroid Then open notifications and then copy file to there. Now come out and go to notifications in your settings and you Now have your music at the top of the list of sounds.

Follow this and you can play your music for your notifications ie text etc
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
Have you tested this with actual sms text messages and notifications for other apps that aren't Hangouts? because the com.googleandroid.talk folder is for the Hangouts messaging app, so anyone who doesn't have that app, won't have that folder. It's also not a system folder so im not sure how your songs are going from the hangouts ringtone folder to the system ringtones folder, which is hidden.
0 Likes
Scott111
Pioneer
Options
yes. if you do as I've put you can go into text message open the settings and go into the notifications and you can just use the music in there instead of going into the settings menu and having it on all notifications.
0 Likes
Scott111
Pioneer
Options
the slip knot music is what I put in. you don't put it in hangouts. just add it when you get to the bit that says hangouts
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't have that folder, can u send a ss of ur notifications settings page that shows ur song in the list.
0 Likes
Scott111
Pioneer
Options
this is it

Screenshot_20210312-135646_SecSoundPicker.jpg

0 Likes
Scott111
Pioneer
Options
Once you open the android part just copy there don't open hangouts.
0 Likes
Scott111
Pioneer
Options
did you manage to get it set up ok
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
I don't have that folder. It seems for you, if you add it to the hangouts folder, it also adds it to your system folder. (when I say hangouts folder, i mean com.googleandroid.talk , that folder is actually only for the Hangouts app, like you get com.whatsapp except hangouts are weirdos so they use com.googleandroid.talk
0 Likes
Shazzkid
Troubleshooter
Options
No, i don't have the folder because i don't have hangouts, but it doesn't matter as i found a different way, i just posted that way too in the community. In case someone can't get yours to work, mine should.
0 Likes