Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Major lagging

(Topic created on: 18-10-2021 01:03 PM)
lukeah
Explorer
Options
I've had my s21 a couple weeks now when I first got it it felt so good no issues couple weeks and it's lagging so bad I've tried everything to reduce it took all widgets off homescreen uninstalled aload of apps using a black wallpaper just reducing as much power usage as I can but it is still lagging badly with little freezes on things such as navigation gestures and my battery life I'm only getting about 3 and a half hours a day screen on time I have no idea what to do.
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Rūmøur
Navigator
Options
Probably a faulty device. You should probably return it
0 Likes
rogersdave77
Troubleshooter
Options
Try wiping partition cache 🤷
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Have you gone into settings and looked into battery device care.
You can see under battery what apps are using the battery the most.
Sounds like something is constantly running and using up the RAM in your phone.
Also depends on what you are connected to and if the connection is constantly working.
As has been said before, clearing the Cache Partition may work as well.
Are you using a lot of Data, as some apps like tracking ones are constantly searching
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@lukeah: Try to avoid having too many apps running in the background, as this can potentially lead to performance issues. With this in mind, regularly tap the Recent Apps button on your Navigation Bar and hit Close All, or swipe upwards on any apps you're not using. Also, head to Settings > Battery and Device Care > Optimise Now, then tap Memory > Clean Now. 

For battery issues, tap on Battery > Background Usage Limits > Put Unused Apps To Sleep > On, then use the Sleeping Apps and Deep Sleeping Apps options to further reduce the background activity of apps you don't use often. Tap the Back button to return to the Battery Settings > More Battery Settings > Adaptive Battery > On.

If the phone is still stuttering/lagging, head to Settings > Display > Motion Smoothness, and set this to Adaptive. Let me know if you notice an improvement. 

Jay217
Pioneer
Options
Restart the phone and hold volume down. This will put the device into safe mode. If the issue is resolved then it will be an app that you have installed that is causing the lag. Which one? Not a clue! If it doesn't fix the issue then restart and check for updates. Failing that you can take it to a Samsung repair centre and get it "flashed" (updated). This fixes software issues but will delete everything from your phone
0 Likes
lukeah
Explorer
Options
hi I've done all of this and still experiencing the issues unfortunately
0 Likes
lukeah
Explorer
Options
I may try getting it flashed cause even in safe mode it's lagging a bit
lukeah
Explorer