Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 keeps restarting randomly after Andoid 12 update.

(Topic created on: 03-03-2023 07:59 PM)
Members_dayR78B
First Poster
Options

Since the android 12/UI 4 update on 26th November, my S21 keeps randomly restarting. Anyone else having this issue?

39 REPLIES 39
brianjavie
First Poster
Options

No, that did not fix the problem.  It still reboots (albeit not as often) and now random system apps keep shutting down.  Went to Verizon and they could only replace my phone with a purple one and Samsung acts like it's my issue to fix.  I have reset my phone, started in safe mode, removed apps, not added any apps after a reset, and I still miss my alarm b/c the phone reboots in the middle of the night.

0 Likes
Marallander
First Poster
Options

Yes, my Galaxy S21 has also been randomly restarting. I bought my Samsung Galaxy S21 in September. It began to randomly restart on the first of October once a week. The last week of October it would restart twice a week. I contacted my cellular provider, where I bought the phone, and we tried many things over the course of a few weeks. Samsung update, didn't fix it. Then I factory defaulted the phone, and that didn't fix it. Then ran the phone without any of my apps on it, just the apps that come with the phone, and that didn't fix it.

Sent it into Samsung for repair, and they couldn't find anything wrong with it. There have been multiple updates since October 1st 2021, even multiple in one month, and none of the updates have fixed the issue. I don't remember ever seeing this many updates for any of my previous phones, including Samsung Galaxy phones.

This last Friday, February 18th, I turned in my phone for warranty replacement at one of my carrier's stores. I bought the phone in the second week of September, so my warranty should go through the first week of September. The warranty replacement phone only has a 30-day warranty, so I lost 4 months of warranty. I purchased the insurance from the carrier on the refurbished phone so I am covered. Last night my refurbished phone restarted on its own while I was sleeping. That's two Samsung Galaxy S21 phones with the same issue.

I contacted my carrier about getting a different model of phone. I already took a 4 month hit on the warranty, and now I'm paying for insurance on a refurbished phone. I will not take a hit to move to a different model of phone. I'm hoping the S22 Ultra doesn't have this problem.  I will update this reply when I hear back from my carrier after I called them this morning to request a different model.

0 Likes
Veronica92
First Poster
Options

Same Issue with me. Every time keep on restarting. It's annoying. My phone isn't even older than a year. 

CiprianChicano
First Poster
Options

Hi! I have the same problem. It is very annoying having the phone restarting every day for no reason. Sometimes in the night, sometimes in the morning, sometimes when I am using the phone. I thought I bought a top line phone but I think I made a mistake. Does anyone know anything about iPhone? I heard that are very stable 

0 Likes
PIZZA_ALERT
First Poster
Options

S20+ here. Verizon system update 27 from last week makes my phone restart every ***** night. Samsung's silent and I have yet to find anyone else with my same issue. You know how brands tend to make their products degrade themselves after a few years nowadays to make you wanna buy a new one? Yeah, this is definitely that *****. Had the phone for just over 2 years (March 2020), seems like perfect timing.

yakhound
First Poster
Options
Worked for me too. Thank you.
0 Likes
ChashiraJayanga
First Poster
Options

Same issue here

0 Likes
LuLu37
Explorer
Options

I’ve literally posted about the same issue this evening!  S21 restarting randomly, I had a Samsung doorstep technician appointment today.  He identified a software issue, said it should be ok now…….and it’s most definitely not!!  It restarted something like 6 or 7 times since he had his hands on it.

0 Likes
Shaun Jackson
First Poster
Options

Hi did you ever get this fixed? Having the same issues now and dont know what to do?

0 Likes
brianjavie
First Poster
Options

All - I ended up going to a Sandung store.  Some "board" needed to be replaced.  They had to order it and I went back for the install.   Took about an hour.  No charge.

0 Likes