Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 keeps restarting randomly after Andoid 12 update.

(Topic created on: 15-01-2022 12:45 AM)
Members_dayR78B
First Poster
Options

Since the android 12/UI 4 update on 26th November, my S21 keeps randomly restarting. Anyone else having this issue?

39 REPLIES 39
YK UA
First Poster
Options

Same symptoms as wrote above. Occasionally restarts during usage. Started after upgrade to android 12. Factory reset didn't help

0 Likes
mmarino77
Apprentice
Options

GREAT NEWS! The latest update to Android seems to have fixed the problem.

Software Update G996USQS4BULC

Applied December 29, 2021 at 2:59 PM

System Update 14 from Verizon

0 Likes
Oarag
Student
Options

Sometimes screen doesn't turn on when I press power button & then phone restarts.

0 Likes
MMei1
First Poster
Options

I made the update on the 6th January and since then the phone restarts overnight and alarms will not work which is causing me issues. I've tried everything suggested in this thread except factory reset which also doesn't seem to work. 

Has Samsung come up with a solution yet ? 

0 Likes
mmarino77
Apprentice
Options

GREAT NEWS! The latest update to Android seems to have fixed the problem.

Software Update G996USQS4BULC

Applied December 29, 2021 at 2:59 PM

System Update 14 from Verizon

Wade765
First Poster
Options

Same here. Update 100% doesn't fix it. Why is Samsung silent? This is garbage. Too expensive for this to be happening 

S21 Ultra UI4
Journeyman
Options

Sent mine in to samsung and they did an update to the phone while they had it. Been 4 days now and it seems to run smoother with no issues or restarting. I have tried to max out the phone to make it restart like it had previously but it is handling well with no issues what so ever. I think this is the best best to resolve issue. They even sent it back with a free s-pen and silicone cause for the troubles. Mine was restarting upto 4 times a day and was replace to have the same issue the next day, so I sent it in as my last hope and so far so good. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
S21 Ultra UI4
Journeyman
Options

Fixed!

0 Likes
purplesquirrel
Journeyman
Options

Hi guys I just wanted to mention that something similar happened to my S21. And in my case, it was related to the way I charged my phone. So, I had this very long zoom meeting and my phone was dying so I plugged my phone to a USB port extender plugged to my laptop. My phone was charging super slow probably for an hour or two. After that the random shutting down started nonstop. I restarted, clean the phone app cache, nothing worked.  I found the solution: Just properly charge your phone! So I just turned my phone off and plugged to my Anker fast charger  and let it plugged until it hit the 85% (I have that option on to extend the battery life) And this fixed the problem . Hope it helps! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08M9M2V7X/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeAS...

0 Likes
Lauren87
First Poster
Options

Yes, this keeps happening to me too. Waiting to see if anyone finds a fix.

0 Likes