Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 keeps restarting randomly after Andoid 12 update.

(Topic created on: 01-01-2022 09:30 AM)
Members_dayR78B
First Poster
Options

Since the android 12/UI 4 update on 26th November, my S21 keeps randomly restarting. Anyone else having this issue?

39 REPLIES 39
R-dubs
Apprentice
Options

Same here. It freezes then restarts.

S21 Ultra UI4
Journeyman
Options

Same issue on my end. Tmobile ruled it as issue with hardware and replaced my device. The new device forced the update and auto installed after 2 days and issue is back on new device. I believe it is an issue within the update itself. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. Restarts while doing research on device for school and has occurred while on important phone conferences with my school and work.

Greenhouze
Student
Options

Same. My s21 Ulta was working fine until the recent update that was pushed in Nov. Now apps constantly crash and the phone randomly freezes when scrolling and then will restart. Happens at least 4-5 times a day. I've cleared app cache, even uninstalled and reinstalled apps and factory reset after backing up and the same problem- freezes and restarts.

mblommiston
First Poster
Options

Same here with two S21s on AT&T. Both mine and my wife's randomly restart about once every 1-2 days. 

It doesn't seem like a full reboot. It only takes about 15-20 seconds. But it goes to the point of seeing the AT&T screen. Definitely something related to the Android 12 upgrade

mcurrale
Apprentice
Options

Same here. Restarts many times throughout the day since Android 12 update. Extremely frustrating Samsung. Sort this out please, as this is now not allowing for one to be productive on their phone.

Members_4gK0j93
First Poster
Options

Sent my S21 back to Samsung last week for repair, had it back 6 days & the random restart problem is back. Current trade in price is more then I paid for it at launch so I'll get rid of it. There are far to many complaints of the same issue across the internet & no fix. 

Members_PPP
Apprentice
Options

It happens the same to my S21 Ultra. I did 2 factory resets and didn't solve the problem. Yesterday I put the phone in a Samsung repair shop and they changed the mother board, but today it happens again. I realize that if I use the S-Pen, the auto restart is almost immediate. I can't use the S-Pen. As anyone suffers the same problem just with the S-Pen? This has started to happen after the updated to Android 12.

mmarino77
Apprentice
Options

Same thing here, multiple times a day. When I'm scrolling through content in multiple apps, screen freezes and after a couple of seconds, the phone just restarts. Tried clearing cache and data from apps in question. This all started right after the Android 12 update so nearly certain this is a bad OS update. Google and Samsung, PLEASE, PLEASE HELP!! 

d_seng
Student
Options

This worked for me: Go to Settings, Apps, and scroll down to "Android System WebView" and tap. Now tap on the 3 vertical dots on the top right and tap "Uninstall updates". Repeat the same for "Google Play services". Now restart your phone and see it solves the problem. If it does, try going to Settings & Apps and update as required. Mine has worked fine after updating these two apps.

mcurrale
Apprentice
Options

This worked for me, along with the latest update released a couple of days back for December 2021.