Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 keeps restarting randomly after Andoid 12 update.

(Topic created on: 27-11-2021 11:35 PM)
Members_dayR78B
First Poster
Options

Since the android 12/UI 4 update on 26th November, my S21 keeps randomly restarting. Anyone else having this issue?

39 REPLIES 39
Jul03
Journeyman
Options
My camera won't work it take but just black screen
AndrewL
Options

@Members_dayR78B: I'm not sure what could be causing this. Can you try heading to Settings > General Management > Reset > Auto Restart At Set Times, and make sure that this is toggled off. If it is, and if the issue persists, then restart the phone in Safe Mode and monitor the performance for a few hours, depending on the frequency of the restarts. If you notice an improvement, restart your phone as you would normally, and delete any recently installed 3rd party apps. To enter Safe Mode, press and hold the Power button until the 'Power off' prompt appears on the screen then release > Touch and hold Power off until the 'Safe mode' prompt appears then release > To confirm, tap Safe mode. 

@Jul03: For clarity, is the viewfinder not showing an image, or are your resulting pictures black? As a basic troubleshooting step, try heading to Settings > Apps > Camera > Force Stop > Storage > Clear Cache > Clear Data, then restart your phone. If the issue persists, open the Phone app > Dial *#0*# into your telephone keypad > Select Megacam from the series of tiles. If the issue is present here then there may be a problem with the hardware, therefore please reach out to our Help Desk via the link below, where an advisor will be able to arrange for the device to be inspected by one of our engineers.

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/

slowe14886
Student
Options

Mine has been many times a day  I cant risk doing to much to it as my mon is in the hospital and its my only means of communicating during this process.

slowe14886
Student
Options

If anyone has ideas besides doing a factory reset I would love to hear.  My guess is that it is a bad update download and but I cant risk losing things or my phone being down right now.

I don't know how to start in safe mode if you have instructions on that?

Members_2OYbmJO
First Poster
Options

Yes. Once or twice a day

belovela10
First Poster
Options

twice already today- kills my battery every time- also changes my settings- ie- turning back on my ringer.

Super annoying.  Checked to see if I was randomly toggled into the auto restart and I am not.

Also having issues with the 5GUC- as it basically keeps telling me I am not connected and everything takes forever to load.  

Very displeased with this update.

0 Likes
dtostones
Student
Options

Same. 

BrettR
First Poster
Options

Definitely the same issue.

Members_gTIwyP7
Journeyman
Options

Same problem here, random restarts since Android 12. But only while using the phone