Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 keeps restarting overnight while charging since the update on 18 Nov 22

(Topic created on: 20-11-2022 11:32 AM)
NatNat22
Pioneer
Options
Since the update on 18 November 22, when wake up and check my S21 which I leave to charge overnight, it has restarted and is waiting for me to enter my pin! This means that I miss any calls and notifications that arrive prior! This is no good. What if I miss an important call?
91 REPLIES 91
Neo001
Legend
Options

Hi, Check if Auto optimisation is turned on in Settings > Battery and device care > Auto optimisation > Restart when needed

NatNat22
Pioneer
Options
Hi Neo001, it isn't.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Could be overheating if left on charge
0 Likes
NatNat22
Pioneer
Options
Maybe. But this has only been happening since it updated 2 days ago
0 Likes
HudGiant
First Poster
Options
Mine is doing the same since the update.
0 Likes
NatNat22
Pioneer
Options
Mine is okay today. I checked my care report in device care and saw that there was an issue with an app crashing. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Then all day the phone kept updating my apps. This morning, the phone was still on for the first time since the update.
0 Likes
HudGiant
First Poster
Options
Mine has rebooted two nights in a row now,including last night. I've checked and nothing showing in my care report. I've logged the issue with Samsung, but must be an issue with the new release in my mind.
0 Likes
NatNat22
Pioneer
Options
Yes, it definitely is. Actually I forgot to say that Samsung picked up on the fact that I had suffered an "unauthorised reboot" and prompted me to submit a report. Maybe that helped? Like I mentioned, my phone updated a huge number of apps automatically yesterday, so maybe it was them. I think that they sent me the message about the "unauthorised reboots" via this members platform, can't remember, but they definitely contacted me to submit the report. My phone was acting erratic yesterday 😅
0 Likes
NatNat22
Pioneer
Options
Mine also rebooted two nights in a row prior to everything I have mentioned above
0 Likes